Pep articles/videos (and Pep Confidential link)

Without result? Rarely had a game ever had so much result from possession. We were lucky that their finishing was awful because otherwise that would have been 7 or 8 and not just 3-1.

And with 10 men. It was embarrassing, at least now it's a little exciting to see where we are going.

Correct, possession without a result my arse!

they toyed with us , 3-1 flattered us.

Pep was purring about that particular possession of play in his book Pep Confidential, it was how he envisaged Bayern playing, they fucking destroyed us for 80 minutes.

Last edited:
The thing that I'm most looking forward to is having somebody who lives and breathes the game. Most of his ex players, and soon to be ex players all seem to mention the fact he gives football his everything. Nothing left to chance, instead an attention to detail that is unheard of, and indeed unmatched. You don't quite get that vibe with our Manuel..

The thing that I'm most looking forward to is having somebody who lives and breathes the game. Most of his ex players, and soon to be ex players all seem to mention the fact he gives football his everything. Nothing left to chance, instead an attention to detail that is unheard of, and indeed unmatched. You don't quite get that vibe with our Manuel..

If you haven't done already mate have a read of Pep confidential, fantastic insight to his training methods and formations, Sammer cant speak highly enough about him or in fact KHR. This guy sleeps and breathes football, he doesn't even eat for 24 hours before a game, he's thorough on the opposition to the extreme.

What I'm looking forward to is his love of playing three at the back, judging by our lack of apparent interests in signing fullbacks I'd say that is going to be his preferred formation. He used Lahm as the pivot a lot at Bayern when attacking in a 3421 formation only to go to a 433 when pressed and attacked by the opposition.pretty certain we will see some players played in totally different positions than they are under Pellegrini.

Its fucking mouth watering it really is.

Is passion really something that marks him out? I keep hearing this, but surely all managers are incredibly driven people whether it is Stuart Pearce, or Pellegrini? Nevertheless it is a trait of Guardiola which people in the game who come into contact with him always refer to so we must defer to them.

Is passion really something that marks him out? I keep hearing this, but surely all managers are incredibly driven people whether it is Stuart Pearce, or Pellegrini? Nevertheless it is a trait of Guardiola which people in the game who come into contact with him always refer to so we must defer to them.
Passion doesn't just mean running up and down the touch line shouting. In Peps case it means a genuine passion for every aspect of the game. It's what marks him out from the rest. His attention to detail, the fact that every waking minute is spent striving to improve.
I'm sure every manager is passionate in their own way but from what I've seen and read about Guardiola we've struck gold.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.