Pep Guardiola - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
LONG LIVE THE KING!!!

Fans are sometimes the biggest critics. I was & will be critical of the 3/4 CB system but it worked (this year).

His future? I bet he will stay way longer than 2025. Return to Barca? Too many cooks & financial instability. Italy? PL is way more attractive. I think the only tempting job to leave city would be coach of England.

Sounds like rag bollocks but after all he’s given us he can go tomorrow for me. We are forever blessed that he chose our club. The best to ever do it.
Mourinho used to say the best way to leave a club is after winning the Champions League. But, given there are 7 trophies to compete for next season, I hope Pep can rack up a few more trophies and also oversee the midfield overhaul which I see as the biggest challenge in the coming years.

He's the greatest manager of all time. I don't know how anyone can argue it, even the deluded United and Liverpool supporters.

There have been other fantastic managers. There have been managers better at certain things (Ferguson is a fucking **** but was a fantastic man manager).

Pep's influence and impact on football is second to none. He's won everything, everywhere he's gone. He's revolutionized football.
Havent you heard? If you give Klopp what pep has. He would do even better..

Love pep and he is a great manager at league level as his record proves.
He isn’t however an elite manager in the manner of Ferguson of Klopp.
Too many instances of hugely important one off cup games being fucked up either by poor team selection, head scratching tactics, baffling use/non-use of substitutions or a combination of all three.

The true elite managers can get their teams over the line in difficult circumstances and in one off must win games. Often by sheer force of will and personality.

Peps record in these sort of games is pretty woeful.
I almost hope we get knocked out by Real as if we make the final we will be schooled by Klopp again and that doesn’t bear thinking about.

Great manager, super guy, but a long way from elite and we will never ever win the CL with him at the club.

Had this quietly bookmarked since 2022. @Kazzydeyna, not getting at you, but please hold your hands up now and say, “It's a fair cop.”

Had this quietly bookmarked since 2022. @Kazzydeyna, not getting at you, but please hold your hands up now and say, “It's a fair cop.”
Hoping my posts from 2008 don't haunt me... or anything on defunct forums before I joined Blue Moon. Not that anything City-related existed before 2008.

GIVE PEP THE KEYS TO MANCHESTER.
Is it possible for him to manage another sporting team after City? Oldham Roughyeads etc? Manchester Storm?

Not that many, but a few managers have amassed a lot of titles and trophies. The managers who actually change the way football is thought about — you can count them on one hand. Ramsey introduced something new in 1966 (certainly new in the English game), some hated it, but it surprised other teams, and it worked. That is why, whatever happened later, his legacy will endure.
Like Cruyff's, his mentor, Pep's legacy will endure because he thinks deeply about the game, and he really does see things that other managers, and indeed the players themselves, don't see. And he gets them applying it on the pitch. It is not surprising that during his sabbatical he became quite friendly with Gary Kasparov.
Ferguson basically played a winger-based game that has been at the heart of English football since it was codified in the nineteenth century. He had the players to do it, he had a terrific engine of a midfield, and he managed them very, very well. I do not see any indication that he thought deeply about the game, or modified anything significant in it.

Pep can walk away now. He can stay another thousand years. Basically, Pep, you can do whatever you like. It has been an honour to have you at my club.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.