Pep: 'The players deserve a full stadium, we need our fans!'

I said it on an earlier post which was ignored (I'm hurt) Pep NEVER once said stop booing, he asked fans to forget the past and support the team in the CL by filling the stadium. He simply wanted the team supported and fans to witness this great football.

unless of course some people want to interpret it differently to get their point across

As someone who is strongly against the booing, what do the booers ultimately want for this cloud over the club to go away ?

As someone who is strongly against the booing, what do the booers ultimately want for this shadow over the club to go away ?

I hate the booing but totally understand why and the anger against UEFA however my main point that negates this whole thread booing debate, where many posters have told the greatest manager to grace this club to 'fuck off' and other ridiculous statements to make a point, is that their abuse was totally wrong and unnecessary as Pep NEVER once said don't boo.

I think the booing has been very effective and has struck a nerve with uefa and they don't want it to escalate, to more and more clubs.
I don't think Pep specifically asked for it to stop, but he very strongly hinted that anything that brings negativity towards the team is unhelpful.
I think something has been said at boardroom level (I'm just surmising) and Pep was the one to put the message across.

I think Pep is all about positivity in attitude and it is not just that he has come from the other side of the uefa top table.
Samuel is right that he has been on the privileged side of things with the clubs he has been at up until now, but I don't see anything in him other than total positivity for the team he is currently with.

I don't have a problem with people booing, as I said it is obviously bugging them, but for that kind of protest to still be effective I agree with those that say you need a full house there before the game ready to give a 30 seconds solid chorus of booing. It then has to be followed by a rousing non stop support for the team that leaves nobody in the media in any doubt that we are behind Pep/The Team/The Club.. Pep wants a positive atmosphere for the team to feed off. You can have both, a lambasting of uefa and a CTID attitude coming across from the stands.

The last thing you want is a half hearted protest that may split the crowd and dilute the atmosphere.
There are alternatives to booing as others have stated. Whatever is done it has to be unanimous amongst the crowd. If you were to choose a City anthem to drown out the uefa dirge, I'd choose something that is very forcefully showing the backing of the club. I think 'We are City of Maine Road' would show that we have been around for longer than this Champions League of theirs and we'll be there when their corrupt organisation falls apart.

Maybe one day the club will make buying a ticket much easier. They can reduce the price of a ticket as much as they can, but unless they make actually buying a ticket much easier, fans won't bother going through the process and hassle.

As someone who is strongly against the booing, what do the booers ultimately want for this cloud over the club to go away ?

It's not just about City though. UEFA run football in Europe for the benefit of themselves and their sponsors, the fans and the sport in general don't even come into their thinking. There's not much as fans we can to do make our voices heard except small gestures like booing their ridiculous 'anthem'.

But has he specifically asked for that? I think he was referring to our negativity around the CL as a whole and the fact the fans are quite half - hearted about it. If we had a full stadium that booed for 30 seconds before the match started then got behind the team for the next 90 minutes, I don't think he'd have any complaint.

I think the club set entirely the wrong tone by closing SS3 for the BMG & Celtic games. They should have kept it open and perhaps done a 'Buy one get another half price' offer, £10 for u-25's or free kids tickets to ensure maximum take up.

Yet again the club is prioritising a few quid over a full ground. It's so fucking stupid and infuriating. Soriano is a complete dickhead.

This never works, the club has tried everything for the smaller games and it is the same everytime. Even if it was a fiver I reckon the attendance would be pretty much the same but the club would then make far less money.

There is nothing they can do beyond changing how the cup scheme works so fans are more willing to sign up for it. Clearly many don't join the scheme and instead pick and choose the games they do want to attend. At this point if someone has £100 to spend they aren't going to give up the Barcelona game for the BMG game.

As for UEFA well any apathy has nothing to do with attendances, we have had poor attendances in the early stages of every other competition bar the league for years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.