Pepe

Re: Silly season now..Pepe

IanBishopsHaircut said:
Fucking Pepe?!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/382713/EXCLUSIVE-Manchester-City-in-for-Real-Madrid-defender-Pepe-after-Mangala-snub" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... ngala-snub</a>

he is a decent player but too old we tried last year and he fucked us off - ship has sailed on this one for me

This would surely be a panic buy if we did this......solid player but not the long term answer we need.....25mil for a 31/32 year old???...hhmmmmm? I hope these papers are making this stuff up....

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
This would surely be a panic buy if we did this......solid player but not the long term answer we need.....25mil for a 31/32 year old???...hhmmmmm? I hope these papers are making this stuff up....

Especially as Varane has the same price!

The daily star wouldn't have a fucking clue how much we actually spend on a player - it just suits their bullshit sensationalist style to report it as high as possible. For a sensible price (say €15M) Pepe could be an ideal buy this window - he would go straight in to the first time, has huge CL experience and has enough years in him to tide us over until various other scenarios become realistic, such as Nastasic proving his first season was no fluke, Rekik making it, or we no longer have ffp sanctions applied

The source might be a joke, but the reaction to the player is even more so

One of the best defenders in Europe as proven in his performances in the quarter and semi-finals of the Champions League

Marvin said:

One of the best defenders in Europe as proven in his performances in the quarter and semi-finals of the Champions League

I agree, he would be an absolute beast at the right price

Marvin said:

Amen. Wouldn't be quite as good a signing as if we had managed to pull it off last season when we were supposed to, but would still be an excellent choice. Yes possibly a bit old but 2 or 3 seasons whilst the dust settles could be all we need.

Pepe isn't the long term answer but would certainly take the pressure off that position while we find someone who is. Or maybe this has been leaked to show clubs that are seeking to hold us to ransom that we have other options?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.