Pepe

Re: Silly season now..Pepe

Marvin said:
The source might be a joke, but the reaction to the player is even more so

One of the best defenders in Europe as proven in his performances in the quarter and semi-finals of the Champions League

Hi Mate......I don't think anyone can question this guy is a very talented CB and would be an upgrade....my argument is the reported 25mil for a 32year old...and because of his age, it would mean we'd get 2season at the most and would be back looking for a long term answer for the position....now if the price ended up being 15-18mil, then I would be happier with the move but still concerned we'd have to go shopping again in the next 24months to find yet another replacement.....It would be better business to find a young guy that can lockdown the position for the next 5 seasons, next to Kompany.....

Pretty sure he's entering the last year of his contract, so the fee wouldn't be anything like the reported 25m

BringBackSwales said:
Marvin said:

One of the best defenders in Europe as proven in his performances in the quarter and semi-finals of the Champions League
I agree, he would be an absolute beast at the right price
And that is the rub. £25m is NOT the right price for a 31 year old defender. Nor is €25m come to that. £8m tops.

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
Marvin said:

Hi Mate......I don't think anyone can question this guy is a very talented CB and would be an upgrade....my argument is the reported 25mil for a 32year old...and because of his age, it would mean we'd get 2season at the most and would be back looking for a long term answer for the position....now if the price ended up being 15-18mil, then I would be happier with the move but still concerned we'd have to go shopping again in the next 24months to find yet another replacement.....It would be better business to find a young guy that can lockdown the position for the next 5 seasons, next to Kompany.....
It's probably all newspaper talk and the fee quoted has probably just been plucked from the sky, but it strikes me as odd that people don't bat an eye-lid about spending £30m on Mangala but think paying £25m for Pepe is much too much. If you buy Pepe you know exactly what you are buying. It's a low risk signing, although very expensive. If he's on the market, I'd be looking to play no more than £15m

Marvin said:

Yes Marvellous Marvin but we don't sign horrible little c@nts anymore. He only get's anyway with his antics because he's plays for Madrid.

Pellegrini eager to sign Portuguese centre-back

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.marca.com/2014/06/08/en/football/real_madrid/1402227660.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.marca.com/2014/06/08/en/foot ... 27660.html</a>

City make €30 million play for Pepe

Manchester City are willing to stump up €30 million to land Pepe, according to The Daily Star. The club's coach, Manuel Pellegrini, is keen on bringing in the Portuguese international to partner Belgian stalwart Vincent Kompany at the heart of defence.

After Porto stopper Eliaquim Mangala snubbed City by expressing his preference for a move to Manchester United or Chelsea, Pellegrini has been forced to rethink his transfer strategy and has set his sights on his former club, Real Madrid. The Chilean knows Pepe from his season in charge at the Bernabéu, although it so happens that the Portuguese defender suffered a serious knee injury that limited his impact that campaign.

Read more: City make €30 million play for Pepe - MARCA.com (English version)

Not a fucking chance in hell at that price.
Unless it includes 3 seasons of Salary.

For anything below £15m I'd bite their fucking hands off.

Very very good CB with a serious amount if experience and know how.

Clearly only a stop gap for 2 seasons but a definitely a very good one.

Hope not.
Great defender yes but with our useless officials over here he would be targeted before he even got on the pitch and you know 1st foul will be a yellow as we seem to pick up soft yellows in a lot of games where the opposition needs to commit murder to get one. His reputation will way on our weak referee's minds, especially with the play acting of some players.
Plus the reported fee is way too high for his age

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.