Pep's Combined 11

None of the first team would get in the starting line up but the likes of Silva, Sane, Kompany, Jesus, Yaya , Stones and Aguero would be in the squad.

Apologies if this has been done before but I was thinking who from the current City squad would get in a Pep combined 11.

So from the 3 teams Pep's managed I'd only have Kun scrapping in but still not 100% certain.

Pep doesn't seem to fancy Aguero in this 11.

None
GK: Neuer, Valdes (bravo of last year was better but not now)
RB: Dani Alves, Lahm
CB: Pique, Boateng, Puyol, Martinez
LB: Alaba, Abidal, Maxwell
DM: Busquets, Keita, Old Toure :-)
CM: Xavi, Iniesta, Thiago, Vidal, Alonso
RW: Messi, Robben, Costa
LW: Ribery, Henry, Pedro
St: Lewandowski, Muller, Villa

difficult this one cause there are a number of elements to consider....

1. players at their peak performance
2. which league

1. I think Kompany at his peak (forgetting injury issues) walks into any team...remember Boatang in the prem....couldnt hack it. Whether it be in the premiership or abroad, Kompany was good enough to be in the starting 11 and certainly in Pep's premiership 11.
2. Silva in the prem would
3. Kun would be there or there about, certainly in the premiership
4. Yaya - in the prem...he has dominated the prem for a couple of years....so in a pep premiership 11 yes he gets in...not outside it though.

this does show you the vast gulf in class of the rest of the squad however that pep finds himself working with.....(I'm ignoring sane and GJ as no one really can say the heights those two might hit and we are comparing them against the established best of the best)

Good topic this. Although, I don’t have the breadth of knowledge of football to offer an opinion.

Surely a fit Kompany would get in?
Pep has never had a fit Kompany.

In fact if we are talking about players at their peak under Pep at the time, none of ours would even get close to a second 11.

Silva has had a good season for us, but he's still off his peak, Toure peaked here, so Pep never had that luxury, ditto Aguero, and they are the only four that would be under consideration from any of our current or past squads imho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.