Peter Drury replaces Martin Tyler on Sky Sports

If he's not capable of giving an unbiased neutral commentary then he shouldn't be doing the job it's as simple as that!

If he's not capable of giving an unbiased neutral commentary then he shouldn't be doing the job it's as simple as that!

On that basis there would be very few commentaries , which would be absolutely fine with me.

The majority are shit anyway .

Good to know. I backed drury btw. An honest response is what it's all about. NBC / American streams are class if you have the option IMO you rarely get the fuck who's die hard anti-city. Anytime I have to fire up a stream of Tyler is a bummer.

There's this Irish fucker who I get a few times a year who goes solo that I really enjoy. Anyone know the fella?
Townsend possibly?

Strange that people had time for Brian Moore and Barry Davies, even Motty has a kind of harmless appeal about him, yet Tyler is very difficult to warm to. Wonder if it's partly a SKY thing or just simply his penchant for 'that lot'.

Miss people like Tony Gubba. :-(

Strange that people had time for Brian Moore and Barry Davies, even Motty has a kind of harmless appeal about him, yet Tyler is very difficult to warm to. Wonder if it's partly a SKY thing or just simply his penchant for 'that lot'.

Miss people like Tony Gubba. :-(

He is the voice of Sky. He will act giddy if we win the premier league as his voice will be used to promote next seasons coverage. A monotone "Manchester City are champions" won't sell many subs.

The likes of Brian Moore and Barry Davies did their jobs correctly. They reported the facts of the game as it was unfolding: no bias, no favouritism, no opinion one way or the other. But nowadays people like Tyler are allowed free reign to have sly digs at us whilst simultaneously glorifying everything rag.

To me it is entirely irrelevant who or what team the commentator supports, I just want to hear a fair assessment of the game and not have my opinions coloured by the likes of both Tyler and that walking obscenity Alan Green.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.