Phil Foden - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
did anyone else notice on BT tonight Foden was constantly refered to as "Phil" and "Foden" not just "Foden" whilst everyone else was referred to by their last name?

Lovely player. Still a boy against men but he'll fill out and hopefully be great for us.

His 1st touch is sublime and often done while he's looking the other way which is quite something.

Playing on the left reduced his options when receiving the ball and he's not a winger so I think and hope we only saw a fraction of his potential.

It'd be great to see him in a more central role, but there's time.

The lad looks like he could really develop into something special, his first touch and body positioning when he’s receiving the ball show he’s learning off Spanish Dave. His positional sense together with his weight and choice of pass seem exceptional for such a young player. He deserves a place on the bench in front of some of our more senior players that’s for sure.

Lovely player. Still a boy against men but he'll fill out and hopefully be great for us.

His 1st touch is sublime and often done while he's looking the other way which is quite something.

Playing on the left reduced his options when receiving the ball and he's not a winger so I think and hope we only saw a fraction of his potential.

It'd be great to see him in a more central role, but there's time.
Spot on 1.6.
The lad has so much ability and although I personally that Diaz was the better player when he came on,you can see the ability that young Foden has.

At this stage of his development just playing first team football of any capacity is good. It would have been better for him to play in the middle or wide right but he'll have learnt more tonight about senior first team football than at any other stage of his career.

There were a couple of moments in the first half where he picked out a smart pass but they were eventually blocked off or intercepted. The kind of passes that would have worked at youth level. Tonight would have given him an idea as to how the game's different physically and why certain types of pass need to be either more precise or possibly avoided, in the way youth football couldn't have done.

He thinks about things the right way. His awareness is up there and he sees things that he has no right to see. He was plucky all game and even though it didn't come to anything I'm glad at least one of his through balls worked. It would have done his confidence wonders I reckon.

did anyone else notice on BT tonight Foden was constantly refered to as "Phil" and "Foden" not just "Foden" whilst everyone else was referred to by their last name?

I noticed that Hargreaves was absolutely in love with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.