Phil Foden - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was delighted to see him start and equally disappointed that it was at LWB.

I don't know whether its a good thing or a bad thing but it seems the media have already made their mind up about Foden, that he is going to be a superstar. Whenever he got the ball, especially in the 1st half, the commentators would give it a very forceful "its FODEN". Normally this kind of attention is saved for future United greats like Macheda.

I don't know whether its a good thing or a bad thing but it seems the media have already made their mind up about Foden, that he is going to be a superstar. Whenever he got the ball, especially in the 1st half, the commentators would give it a very forceful "its FODEN". Normally this kind of attention is saved for future United greats like Macheda.
Yes, but I think we'd also be disappointed if they weren't excited - and probably accuse them of bias ;)

At this stage of his development just playing first team football of any capacity is good. It would have been better for him to play in the middle or wide right but he'll have learnt more tonight about senior first team football than at any other stage of his career.

There were a couple of moments in the first half where he picked out a smart pass but they were eventually blocked off or intercepted. The kind of passes that would have worked at youth level. Tonight would have given him an idea as to how the game's different physically and why certain types of pass need to be either more precise or possibly avoided, in the way youth football couldn't have done.

He thinks about things the right way. His awareness is up there and he sees things that he has no right to see. He was plucky all game and even though it didn't come to anything I'm glad at least one of his through balls worked. It would have done his confidence wonders I reckon.
I think it was the only through ball that worked all night. Gabby should have done more with it.

Perhaps, Maureen has mentioned that a bid will be winging its way to Beswick before the end of January?

Talking of Jan, whatever happened to that other mega-galactico Januszajjaszyi?

Off topic but it whas a very disappointing execution from Jesus. He had the keeper on toast already and as he went down, he could have easily just lob it past him.

Getting round that lump of a keeper would be equivalent to my walk from the Blue Car Park, up JMWay, round by the West Stand, up the spiral at R, trip to the gents, back along CBL3 concourse for a pie and a bovril, and then finally into my eyrie in 323. The lad did well to get a tenth of the way round.

Getting round that lump of a keeper would be equivalent to my walk from the Blue Car Park, up JMWay, round by the West Stand, up the spiral at R, trip to the gents, back along CBL3 concourse for a pie and a bovril, and then finally into my eyrie in 323. The lad did well to get a tenth of the way round.
But,but,but he spilt his bovril!

whats great with him and tosin, is to finally have some local lads in the team/squad again. its what we've been missing as a club and fans for years now in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.