Pitch invasions

Not bothered one way or the other as long as they go on and get off quick.Though most on there don't seem to know why they've gone on wonder about a bit.It's those that hang around and need to be booed and coerced off that annoy the rest of us.Though the only reason the goals weren't vandalised last year wasn't that some fans had decided not to twats it was because the club protected them with a cordon.

It just seems forced at this point. The breaking of the goals the last time seemed completely pointless too.

I get it for the 2012 and 2022 seasons given the way we won, but when the other 2 3rds of the crowd are chanting "off, off, off" at you, maybe just get the fuck off the field so we can have the presentation?
Goals were broken after the Villa game tbf.

Not bothered one way or the other as long as they go on and get off quick.Though most on there don't seem to know why they've gone on wonder about a bit.It's those that hang around and need to be booed and coerced off that annoy the rest of us.Though the only reason the goals weren't vandalised last year wasn't that some fans had decided not to twats it was because the club protected them with a cordon.
Exactly mate.

The only fuck up was the goal and cross bar damage. The goal wasn’t protected that day. There were 3 stewards stood inside the goal, but they walked away and left it. Last season the club put a line of stewards in-front of the goal. There was a line of police in-front of the Villa fans. The club and the Police worked together and did a really good job. Stewards around the perimeter of the pitch stood aside and even helped some fans on to the pitch.

With a probable last day PL trophy win, all the shit the club and the fans have had to take from the PL, the pending case, the media, fans of other clubs up and down the country calling us cheats, and Masters probably being at the Etihad, there is going to be a massive out pouring of relief and euphoria at the final whistle.

The problem is that a pitch invasion should be something special that only happens very occasionally, after the aguero goal being a perfect example.

But when it's every single time we win the league, which has been quite a lot recently, It loses a lot of meaning.

And especially if we've already won the league before the day of the game, it just seems a bit pointless. I wouldn't put it in the embarrassing category, but I would say it isn't ALWAYS necessary

The problem is that a pitch invasion should be something special that only happens very occasionally, after the aguero goal being a perfect example.

But when it's every single time we win the league, which has been quite a lot recently, It loses a lot of meaning.

And especially if we've already won the league before the day of the game, it just seems a bit pointless. I wouldn't put it in the embarrassing category, but I would say it isn't ALWAYS necessary
It happens once a season. The fact it happens once a season when City win the PL title should be celebrated.

On the flip side, if City lose the PL title to Arsenal on the last day of the season there won’t be a pitch invasion. Let’s factor that scenario in.

Last edited:
I’ve done my share of pitch invasions and I’m happy to leave that to the youngsters now.

That said, it’s actually a lot more fun watching the pitch invasion than the interminable, tedious presentation ceremony that follows. Starts with a load of Sky / PL flunkies taking ages to construct a load of advertising hoardings which masquerade as a stage (why do they need a stage, we’re all looking down on them from the stands). Then we get every man and his dog, seemingly every employee of City past and present, wheeled out to take part in the ceremony before eventually at long long last the only people we want to see - Pep and the squad - get their medals

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.