PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I’ve given it some thought & perhaps it’s a shame we didn’t allow the DJ to talk more about Enron. What they are accusing City is like the Enron scandal with fraud committed by the execs, partners & auditors but that’s why the accusations are ridiculous. It makes you wonder if people put pressure on Masters that way, scaring the shit out of him that City have committed that. Maybe that’s been the strategy behind the scenes with our enemies briefing client journalists how badly we’ve cheated.

And all because they don’t think Etihad can pay their bills.
I knew there had been severe punishments for Enron but just googled it and Jeffrey Skilling was sentenced to an initial 24 years custodial sentence in 2006 and was released in 2019.

If Jordan wants to accuse the Executives involved in our situation he needs to be very careful because he could be in deep shit coming out with false statements, I’m no expert but to take the stance he has surely has to put him at risk of at least a Civil action of defamation. I’d piss myself if he was ordered to cough up his last few million, wanker.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's gone from like 99% terrible coverage to 90% terrible coverage with a few people who seem to fully understand the case now even if they hope we get done for it. But I reckon there is movement.

The Athletic, surprisingly, have turned recently with some very fair articles on the FFP situation. Like you, I hope it's the start of many more.

Fair is all we want, not sycophantic.

I knew there had been severe punishments for Enron but just googled it and Jeffrey Skilling was sentenced to an initial 24 years custodial sentence in 2006 and was released in 2019.

If Jordan wants to accuse the Executives involved in our situation he needs to be very careful because he could be in deep shit coming out with false statements, I’m no expert but to take the stance he has surely has to put him at risk of at least a Civil action of defamation. I’d piss myself if he was ordered to cough up his last few million, wanker.

A far easier case to prove ;-)

Simon Jordan, the man who, on live radio, pronounced the word hyperbole as 'hyper bowl'.

bellend!
Simon Jordan, the English version of Donald Trump. Orange and loves the sound of his own voice and talks fucking bollocks.

Thing is he has a show with shouty Jim who is as sharp as a sausage, therefore appears brighter and smarter, but then again who wouldn't.

One of my Blue mates was an Accountant at Anderson’s in Manchester, on the same street as the Little Yang Sing, (Charlotte street?).

He earned decent money but he told us the salaries of the Partners, it was eye watering amounts going back to that time, £150k plus big bonuses whereas he was on about £40k.

They all knew what was coming and my mate jumped ship with a decent payoff before the scandal broke and set up on his own, he actually took some of his clients with him and is still working at the age of 65, daft FOC.
Strangely enough, I signed on for my articles at a one man firm on Tibb Street, but before I started the firm was taken over by Tansley Witt, a medium sized firm and then within two years they were themselves taken over by Arthur Andersens (probably the same time your mate was there - ask him about the big IBM luggable computers :) ). So this kid from Droylsden, who didn't go to university (I was one of the last who could qualify with one year college and four years articles, rather than three uni then three more) ended up qualifying with Andersens when I was barely 23. Good for the CV, but they didn't want us T.Witters, they just wanted the clients. So they sent me to Amsterdam for 6 months. Had a great time, not surprisingly, and joined Coopers in Rotterdam afterwards. Never looked back. So thanks to Andersens for kicking me out, but, by God, their auditing practices were ice thin. Not surprised they got burned at Enron.

Working on the assumption that City will be cleared and that the charges brought against City by the PL were based on suppositions rather than facts I wonder how many City fans will have suffered from mental health issues e.g. anxiety/depression, caused by the 115 charges. If the facts suggest that this was purely a witch hunt and an attempt to derail City, perhaps the PL will have a legal fight of a different nature from City's fans in the form of a class action.

Working on the assumption that City will be cleared and that the charges brought against City by the PL were based on suppositions rather than facts I wonder how many City fans will have suffered from mental health issues e.g. anxiety/depression, caused by the 115 charges. If the facts suggest that this was purely a witch hunt and an attempt to derail City, perhaps the PL will have a legal fight of a different nature from City's fans in the form of a class action.
"mental health issues"

Please tell me your having a giraffe.

The only mental issues I will have that when we are cleared the club don't go after the accusers big time and hit them hard in the pocket.

This is one blue who will never have mental issues over this. I couldn't care less really as I have lived through the 'tough' times and will always, always be a blue. Once a blue always a blue. CTID.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.