PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Just want to throw this one out there.

Over the past few days I have read numerous posts saying “I couldn’t sleep last night…..” etc so just wondering if ‘when’ City are exonerated could fans go after the Premier League for causing unecessary personal stress and anxiety?

Just curious, can any legal experts out there answer this?

As a fan of another team, I find this very interesting. But what strikes me after reading a lot of this thread is that there's a lot of blame-game going on here. I've read a lot of blame towards other clubs, the FA and PL, but very few, if any, are talking about the real case and the substance in the accusations. If there's done something wrong, which the enquiry will find out, surely there has to be consequences?
Reason is, we have been here before. We know the form.
1. UEFA investigatory chamber found us guilty but CAS, inter alia, said “City cannot hope to get a fair hearing while M.Leterme is in the chair”
He stayed in the chair. He was an ex director of Bayern, one of our accusers.
2. UEFA’s evidence consisted of Der Spiegel‘s version of some emails. Those mails were shown to have been manipulated by Der Spiegel. In any case, emails are evidence of a conversation but not of the action alleged. If I email you saying I am having an affair with Suzie Dent, that is not evidence that I am doing so. UEFA were warned in advance, but they carried on. Many of the PL’s charges are based on these emails, plus an extra one already shown to be forged.
3. UEFA’s attempt to recreate our accounts was done by a serving director of ManU.
4. The investigatory chamber included Rick Parry ex CEO of Liverpool, with still strong connections there. His long term contact proceeded to report confidential info in the New York Times. UEFA promised an Enquiry but never did it.
5. Ceferin, secretary general if UEFA tried twice to do a deal: pay a fine for non co-operation and we will drop the charges. He was told to do one.
6. The directors of Liverpool and MU have a nickname for CFG’s chief exec….the terrorist.
7. Liverpool sent a round robin to UEFA, signed by nine clubs, saying we should be banned before due process was complete.
8. Arsenal several years ago authored a round robin urging the PL to enforce their rules against us.
9. The PL Commission will be chaired by a man with strong Arsenal connections.
10. Our chairman maintains that this is a conspiracy “clear and organised” and that we will refute all allegations.
11. Many of the PL’s charges are based on non compliance with UEFA rules of which we have already been cleared. Are we to be retried for the same offences?
In the light of all this, and many other factors, we prefer to believe our club rather than a set of self serving wankers.
12. CAS ruled that the charge that our accounts were not a true and fair picture was fantasy, requiring a very wide conspiracy of hundreds of people who all kept quiet.
( sorry point#12 is out of place should be immediately below 11)

Last edited:
Really would like Khaldoon to do a message to the fans. Doesn’t need to give anything away, just reassurance that we’re in the clear. For what it’s worth, I 100% think we will be exonerated but will always be tarnished with the inference we have cheated. So no change there, it’s been that way since the last failed attempt at sullying our name.
Give it a week and it’ll be yesterdays news, just getting raised every now and then by one of the so called journos whose whole career hangs on a thread that we may have done some wrong.
Then we’ll be cleared.
But until that time, siege mentality, loud and proud and I guess every premier league handshake will now get the same treatment as Champions league.
Booooooooooo
CTID we were here before the money and we’ll be here a long time after.
That wont happen , nothing will be said to us , certainly not till the end of this charade

That's the way to give it to him.
You are on City forum. What do you expect? We are pissed off. This is where we come to vent spleen. So, thanks for stating the obvious.

Whilst we are supposedly in blaming others in your view. Fans of other clubs are doing a shed load of gloating.

This is an emotional moment for all of us.

If City have done wrong following an unbiased process then there should be appropriate punishment once all appeals have been completed.
I would go much further tbh. I think the entire process is intrinsically unfair and is inherently incapable of being unbiased. This is an attempt to enforce a political agenda were we are the ones put under a microscope which by definition must show up irregularities. Add to that the trial by media and automatic disgrace that it involves this is a veritable witch hunt. Anything less than relegation from the PL appears to be what we deserve and any other result unacceptable.
We do on the surface appear to have some questions to answer but the circus surrounding the entire process is never going to lead to an unbiased assessment of these allegations/charges.

No from what I gather only selective parts of it were released.

But you'd surely think (and I'm only guessing) that they wouldn't hold back on anything else more serious? What would be the point in that? Sorry, I'm just trying to get my head around the prospect of Der Spiegel being the 'smoking gun' for this PL charge with additional stuff to what was already put out and used by uefa.

Over the past few days I have read numerous posts saying “I couldn’t sleep last night…..” etc so just wondering if ‘when’ City are exonerated could fans go after the Premier League for causing unecessary personal stress and anxiety?

Christ

This isn't Beverly Fucking Hills you numpty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.