PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The PL have accused our owner, one of the biggest investors in the UK who helped bail out our banks, of committing fraud. He is also a leading member of a Government which is one of our biggest trade partners and one of our biggest aliies in the gulf region (especially in the fight against Islamist terrorism).
At the same time the key players running the PL (Richard Masters and his pals at LFC and MUFC who vetted his appointment) have launched a politically-motivated investigfation into our finances going back to 2008. After four years they chose not to sanction us (presumably because of lack of evidence) so they have passed the buck to a so-called independent panel.
Meanwhile our Government (with all-party support) is pushing for an independent regulator because it believes the people in charge of the PL are unethical and can't be trusted. City are the only club (as far as we know) supporting independent regulation. Why wouldn't the Government be interested in all these issues?

Well, exactly!

It looks like We are at a stage where it doesn't matter what we do to clear this shit up, they are going to continue to muddy the waters and continue with the agenda
To this I say fuck em, we are never going to get the credit the club and team deserve, and at the end of the day who really gives a shit what some thick twat red shirt with a Sky remote for a season ticket or an agenda driven hack really thinks, I know I don't,

they really don't get it that no self respecting City fan gives 2 shiny shits about what they think about the best run club in the world

May the piss boiling continue for a long time, it has galvanised the club, the fan base and particularly Pep and the players the dummies don't realise they are the fuel feeding Pep, the more they diminish him the more determined he is to ram it down their throats

For this alone I don't want City to be a media darling, it's our club and fuck everyone else

It looks like We are at a stage where it doesn't matter what we do to clear this shit up, they are going to continue to muddy the waters and continue with the agenda
To this I say fuck em, we are never going to get the credit the club and team deserve, and at the end of the day who really gives a shit what some thick twat red shirt with a Sky remote for a season ticket or an agenda driven hack really thinks, I know I don't,

they really don't get it that no self respecting City fan gives 2 shiny shits about what they think about the best run club in the world

May the piss boiling continue for a long time, it has galvanised the club, the fan base and particularly Pep and the players the dummies don't realise they are the fuel feeding Pep, the more they diminish him the more determined he is to ram it down their throats

For this alone I don't want City to be a media darling, it's our club and fuck everyone else
And by the amount of overseas supporters that we are attracting to the club, it would appear that they too,don't give 2 shiny shirts about the the trumped up chargeses.
Onwards and upwards, "feck em all"

Mubadala gave Silver Lake £2b before they ‘invested’ £500m in us so why don’t we just wire them the value of the club to change the ownership on paper to avoid any liability?

The racist prejudice will never stop while we are owned by his highness

There seems to be a lot of confusion about this, and it doesn't help that most people who've read and commented in the Athletic are confused too.

This is the headline on the front page of The Athletic:

Man City's Premier League charges discussed by UK government and Abu Dhabi

This shortened version is wrong, and seems to have caused confusion, as the actual story has the following headline:

Manchester City’s Premier League charges discussed by UK government and its embassy in Abu Dhabi

As the story is mostly filler because they didn't find out anything beyond this headline, a lot of people have read it and are STILL confused.

All we know is that the UK government spoke to the UK embassy.
Given that The Athletic were interested enough to put in a freedom of Information request, it's almost certain that journalists have been contacting the embassy, so this could literally be someone reporting back "we've been contacted by a journalist and have said we don't know anything".

It might be more, but nobody who isn't involved knows.
The Athletic inquiry smacks of the old political dredging tactic of asking a representative of an official if the official has considered a particular topic, being told “I am not aware if they have considered it”, and then asking said representative to ask the official if they have considered it, at which point they will have considered it, opening a new line of questioning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.