PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I don’t reckon AI is all that. I was thinking the other day, while out and about that I’d stop off for a bacon roll. When I got there, I saw they had some pasties, So I grabbed a couple for the next day’s lunch. AI might have got me the bacon roll, but I wouldn’t have thought it could have the afterthought to get a couple of pasties…
These AI Johnny's are clever. Give the lad half a day hanging about with you and it would have not only got you the pasties, but a vanilla slice as well, so you could finish strong with summat sweet.

Fixed for you

Strictly in the interests of accuracy

A lawyer calling accountants boring? Here is an example of the exciting life our most eminent KC:

LORD PANNICK: Can I come on to the fifth topic which is De Keyser and the other case law.
LADY HALE: Have I been mispronouncing that case all my adult life?
LORD PANNICK: Would your Ladyship like to tell me the correct --
LADY HALE: De Keyser.
LORD PANNICK: I will call it De Keyser.
LADY HALE: I may be wrong, I am often wrong.
LORD PANNICK: You say De Keyser, I say De Keyser.
LORD CLARKE: Down here we think it is De Keyser.
THE PRESIDENT: We can each stick to our own because the transcript will not give away what we have called it.
LORD PANNICK: It is my fifth topic, whatever it is called

A lawyer calling accountants boring? Here is an example of the exciting life our most eminent KC:

LORD PANNICK: Can I come on to the fifth topic which is De Keyser and the other case law.
LADY HALE: Have I been mispronouncing that case all my adult life?
LORD PANNICK: Would your Ladyship like to tell me the correct --
LADY HALE: De Keyser.
LORD PANNICK: I will call it De Keyser.
LADY HALE: I may be wrong, I am often wrong.
LORD PANNICK: You say De Keyser, I say De Keyser.
LORD CLARKE: Down here we think it is De Keyser.
THE PRESIDENT: We can each stick to our own because the transcript will not give away what we have called it.
LORD PANNICK: It is my fifth topic, whatever it is called

A fascinating demonstration of the passive/aggressive use of language, in which Lady Hale uses an entirely roundabout method of accusing Lord Pannick of mispronouncing the name of the extremely well-known case Attorney General v De Keyser's Royal Hotel.

Note Lord Pannick's use of humour ('you say tomato') to avoid the unenviable choice between an arid confrontation with the tribunal he was keen to avoid annoying and an embarrassing climb-down.

Top, top advocacy.

Watch and learn, young man, watch and learn.

A fascinating demonstration of the passive/aggressive use of language, in which Lady Hale uses an entirely roundabout method of accusing Lord Pannick of mispronouncing the name of the extremely well-known case Attorney General v De Keyser's Royal Hotel.

Note Lord Pannick's use of humour ('you say tomato') to avoid the unenviable choice between an arid confrontation with the tribunal he was keen to avoid annoying and an embarrassing climb-down.

Top, top advocacy.

Watch and learn, young man, watch and learn.

Zzzzz ...... Oh, I'm sorry.

Thanks for proving my point. :)

Pearls before swine.

Yes, maybe. I'm just a lad from a working class family in Droylsden, your honour. Oink.

Tbf, most accountants and lawyers are pretty boring in my experience and, with the exception of lawyers being blood sucking leeches, the only real difference is that lawyers get rich from being boring and accountants don't. :)

And yes, that was an attempt at conciliation, believe it or not.

Yes, maybe. I'm just a lad from a working class family in Droylsden, your honour. Oink.

Tbf, most accountants and lawyers are pretty boring in my experience and, with the exception of lawyers being blood sucking leeches, the only real difference is that lawyers get rich from being boring and accountants don't. :)

And yes, that was an attempt at conciliation, believe it or not.
:)

Suicides, leaking brains, strip clubs, flirting with clients, all-night Amsterdam drinking, testifying at US enquiry, great people, stupid people, learning priority to the right in Holland, flirting with French teachers, trying to get in Danish junior's knickers, inevitably marrying a secretary, taking the world's most beautiful (non-English speaking) coffee girl out for lunch, FDs who testified against the Krays, dating his 6 foot 4 inch daughter, taking the punk receptionist out for lunch, luxury hotels in London, Paris, Munich, Madrid, Milan, LA, NY, Miami, HK, Tokyo, Singapore, Hippopotamus, learning how to spell separate, Sun Tzu, French arseholes, Swiss arseholes, South African arseholes, minuting French board meetings, cricket in Holland, Indonesian secretaries. Just a few. Choose one :)
Great Billy Joel song

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.