PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Are we not a defendant in a trial?
Strictly speaking, no, as it won’t be a trial, and I expect we’ll be named as the respondent not the defendant, but such technicalities weren’t my point.

My point, is that if the club is certain of our innocence then there are wider considerations than a binary outcome for it to weigh into the balance, and as such they have much to gain from an effectively worded statement at this juncture.

Just to butt in, if indeed it is fraud of an industrial scale which we are being accused of then it has nothing to do with the Premier League, it's over to the relevant authorities.
Just going to say this^^^^^

Go to the law if we have indeed fiddled the accounts.

Come on bastions of truth or bastards of truth. Get the case in a proper court of law!

Nope? Wonder why?

Well iv heard Stefan borsan on talksport defending City, putting another side. I think that's helped change the mood towards City, after years of one way shite we've got someone who puts the other side. I wonder what would happen if the club did the same. Not that it matters I trust the club more than my judgement.
And the next time Jordan is on his stupid show, it's time-barred, delaying tactics, what do they have to hide, srate-owned, false sponsorships and all the rest. Nothing changes.

Also, you can't use nuance on the Talksport listener or red tops reader. You need a sledgehammer to shut them up.

Last edited:
If nothing had materially changed then I’d be inclined to agree, but the sands are plainly shifting. It therefore wouldn’t be a reiteration of the initial rebuttal; it would need to be more nuanced than that to have the desired effect.

I think the club does have something to gain by taking advantage of the current chaos.

It would also make us better placed to seize the narrative assuming these charges are dismissed, as we will have foreshadowed that outcome during, not at the outset of the process.

Comparing our case with that of a defendant in a trial is incongruous and simplistic. There are wider considerations than the mere determination of these charges.
Strictly speaking, no, as it won’t be a trial, and I expect we’ll be named as the respondent, but such technicalities wasn’t my point.

My point, is that if the club is certain of our innocence then there are wider considerations than a binary outcome for it to weigh into the balance.
I disagree but let’s put that aside.
If City were to issue a statement what would it look like and how would you envisage that playing in our favour?

That's not what i'm saying though. You have completely missed the point i'm making.

My point is that our detractors are expecting me to say that if City are found guilty of this "fraud" charge, I should be ashamed of the club, and I simply won't be. That's the end of the matter, I won't be responding again if you cannot grasp that.
I could never be ashamed of the club. I genuinely don’t care about the charges anymore. I get annoyed that I can’t watch any city game without the usual lies or listen to any football debate.

We haven’t committed fraud and it’s them that should be ashamed. Disgusting behaviour has crept into society. Look how people have treated poor Kate. It’s out of control and I for one won’t be taking part.

I see the debate about the club going onto the front foot or not is still raging whilst I've been sleeping.

It is frustrating that the club effectively just issued a brief, non-confrontational statement when charged and have said fuck all since then. I can't see that changing because as I posted last night it's just business to them. The level they work at involves far more challenging situations than this for starters and it's not affecting the progress or success of the club in any way. I'm certain that Khaldoon isn't raging after listening to Simon Jordan on TS or reading the latest shite Harris has posted on X. We as supporters feel it entirely differently to them and that's not changing.

If disaster struck and we ended up relegated to God knows where and they couldn't overturn it then our owner would decide what he wanted to do with the club. It's not going to dent his finances in any meaningful way and I'm sure he'd get over it far quicker than we would.
Both the PL & City wanted to keep details of the hearings private, but the courts ruled otherwise.

It maybe frustrating not getting daily blow by blow accounts of what's taking place, but City will have their reasons for favouring privacy & to be honest, if it were up to me I'd probably do the same.

Trust City & Trust the process. Our boys are professionals who know what they're doing & why. )(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.