PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

It’s far from as simple as that

The sale took place circa 10 months ago the league will have had all sorts of submissions made one of which will have been the supply of future financial information in that information details of how any gap showing up under T or T+1 in PSR submissions would have been detailed. Had the PL not been happy with Chelsea’s submissions then they would have applied other requirements just as they did with Everton.

Stephan in the TS segment was understandably making a significant of assumptions but without inside knowledge most of those assumptions are simply guesswork

Chelsea would have had their legal team look over this transaction and how it would have met the PSR rules. I say kudos for them for finding a loop hole, every club is at it and City have had a good go at it in the past. FFP was brought in to stop clubs going bust, this will not happen to Chelsea with a billionaire owner. It’s daft that clubs are resorting to shenanigans to get round rules that are only resulting with clubs spending less which means a lack of trickle down to teams in the lower leagues.

Excellent point :)
I suppose it's not what you do it's the way that you do it.

The facade of various fairness rules giving apparently fair treatment for all clubs yet applied only when it suits the controlling clubs.

I think City are actually challenging this version of fairness by accepting a Panel composed of only PL chosen members.

Without side tracking the thread the smug, smirking Stelling has gone down in my estimation.

How dare Manchester City stick up for themselves?
Stelling’s been a bit of a snide **** about City ever since the takeover. I just can’t work out if it’s his own personal opinion or one that he’s parroting on behalf of his paymasters at Sky and Talkshite though.

Last edited:
Is there a difference between Chelsea selling the hotels and city selling image rights to Fordham?
Both look like 'levers' to me.
Well here's the thing... There was a time (not too far in distant memory) when football fans attended football matches, watched the game & had banter with fellow & opposition fans about what happened on the pitch.

Manchester City have changed this forever! Chelsea aren't skint, & can evidently afford the £Billions Bohely is happy to spend on turning his club into a Superpower.

In any other sphere of business, this would be seen as perfectly fine, but because of the FFP/PSR that UEFA/G14 & the PL have brought in to nobble City, other clubs are inadvertently being forced to pull all manner of accounting sophistry in order to remain compliant against the rules they approved purely to stop an opponent from competing with the elite cartel clubs, who had complete control & dominance over football.

Do UEFA or the PL REALLY think these constant financial battles are a good look for the beautiful game? When you step back & take a global overview of what modern football has become, it beggars belief that it's come to what we see today.

And I repeat, none of this was brought about to promote sustainability in football. It was all a mechanism to stop City, which is now crippling those who signed up to it.

Again, what about the football?

Probably because that was the deliberate implication given by a previously trusted source?

We can't all be as worldly wise as you apparently are on legal and accounting matters.

I don't blame anyone for making that assumption and I certainly wouldn't call them stupid.
I'm not going to lie. I double-checked myself to see if the PL had released a statement but it took all of 10 seconds to bring up zero links. Maybe stupid was the wrong word but given that the poster was having a bit of a pop at me, I had a pop back.

Stefan often tweets with tongue firmly in cheek but granted it doesn't always look obvious. He's not really a source though and has never claimed to be - he just happens to be an expert in that particular subject matter.

Sterling’s been a bit of a snide **** about City ever since the takeover. I just can’t work out if it’s his own personal opinion or one that he’s parroting on behalf of his paymasters at Sky and Talkshite though.
He was always a snide ****... remember him loving Birmingham scoring 2 very late goals against us years ago, can't remember if both his hands were above the desk.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.