PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Fair enough. I think all PL clubs should be registered British companies or organizations. Level playing field and all that. Both City and CFG are British companies.

I am pretty sure all clubs are UK companies, but, yes, I know what you mean.

I don’t understand why the club didn’t brief something like this through the usual channels 18 months ago.

Some sections of the press have been saying wildly incorrect things about the case and voicing some very prejudicial opinions that have shaped the way the general public think about the case. Theres been no attempt at a counter narrative.

They always seem very passive when dealing with all the post-leak charges.
Maybe your club was simply waiting for loads of bitter twats to come out with there bile before mass doing them for slander.

If it that is the case and the likes of the spitty one are dragged through the mud then whatca truly amazing day for football

There is a one year time limit on a defamation claim in the UK. You have to initiate action within 12 months of publication. Online coverage makes it possible to sue a publisher in the US courts but even there I think the limit is up to three years. That may explain why most of the usual suspects in the mainstream media (who have legal advice) have apparently curtailed their toxic campaigns.
All we are left with now are morons like Goldbridge, Collymore, and Aldo (who mostly appears in the highly respected Daily Star). Most of the morons don't have deep pockets so will not provide much commercial joy. That said any action our club takes will be nothing to do with money. Perhaps we should pledge to use any damages we receive to support local charities in Manchester.
i did a Law module as part of my HNC in Business Studies around 47 years ago, it was only basic law but I still remember this (I think).

“Defamation is the publication of a false statement which causes a person to be subjected to hate, ridicule or contempt, or causes them to be shunned by right thinking members of society generally”

(@gordondaviesmoustache have I got the above right, it was a long time ago).

The last part of that definitely does not apply to the lunatic media who are trying to destroy our reputation with their never ending click bait journalism that’s so transparent to us but not our opposition.

We should go after these wankers and hopefully there is some truth in the latest leaks.

I'm told that, like UEFA, they offered us a deal which we rejected. How true that is I don't know but you don't offer deals if you're convinced of the strength of your case.
I think they may be still thinking/hoping that City will agree a settlement unless of course there is no way to stop the Panel from their appointed task.

Assuming the case ends against us, possibly by biased verdict, is it possible that the 3rd parties accused by the verdict will simply take legal action against the PL?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.