PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I don’t understand why the club didn’t brief something like this through the usual channels 18 months ago.

Some sections of the press have been saying wildly incorrect things about the case and voicing some very prejudicial opinions that have shaped the way the general public think about the case. Theres been no attempt at a counter narrative.

They always seem very passive when dealing with all the post-leak charges.
I imagine it would be seen as looking to bullishly clamp down because we are guilty. We are already hearing everyone claiming 'City are delaying this process, their lawyers are stretching this out etc' event hough we are not in charge of the timeline here. Can you imagine if they were seen as trying to control the media narrative around this! They would be seen as big money machine quashing free speech or some shit like that.

I feel Jordan has always consciously (barely) stayed the right side of the line. I would say saying he thinks ‘there is a case to answer’ isn’t in quite the same place as ‘the accounts don’t add up‘ (Carragher).

I think Jordan trusts the opinions of people he has relationships with. It’s known he has a friendship with Daniel Levy but do those guys really have friends or acquaintances. Levy will be using him & taking advantage of the Disc Jockeys reach.

I imagine it would be seen as looking to bullishly clamp down because we are guilty. We are already hearing everyone claiming 'City are delaying this process, their lawyers are stretching this out etc' event hough we are not in charge of the timeline here. Can you imagine if they were seen as trying to control the media narrative around this! They would be seen as big money machine quashing free speech or some shit like that.
Yep, damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Luckily they're all top professionals who know where best to focus their energies whilst keeping count.

Now Netflix are reaping the benefit of working with us perhaps they could do a series on "How the cartel failed".
Don't start with City but with Chelsea who first moved in on them before City used the template to do it even better.
Until the rest of the football community outside of the cartel understands what they did to prevent anyone getting a slice of the pie then we will be regarded as cheats who used our financial clout to get out of jail so to speak.
Most non cartel fans have never invested interest in understanding what this is all about and the cartel fans just cherry pick to suit who heals their pain, along with the shortcomings of their team's.
Just accepting innocence will not be enough, chasing down people who called us cheats is small time (correct but time consuming), what people need is facts presented to them on why we are innocent and explanation of how we managed to stay ahead of the game by being smarter.
I look forward to binge watching the failure of cartel to out smart City due in part to their greed.

You certainly used to but I'm not sure it's a thing nowadays.
It still is in Iran, day out for those fuckers despite the liberal’s trying to change society for the better with horrible consequences when they’re caught challenging the regime.

i did a Law module as part of my HNC in Business Studies around 47 years ago, it was only basic law but I still remember this (I think).

“Defamation is the publication of a false statement which causes a person to be subjected to hate, ridicule or contempt, or causes them to be shunned by right thinking members of society generally”

(@gordondaviesmoustache have I got the above right, it was a long time ago).

The last part of that definitely does not apply to the lunatic media who are trying to destroy our reputation with their never ending click bait journalism that’s so transparent to us but not our opposition.

We should go after these wankers and hopefully there is some truth in the latest leaks.
The other phrase relating to defamation is to “disparage them in their trade.” In other words to damage their business. It will be hard for us to argue we have lost business because of media coverage. There has been lots of hatred and contempt though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.