Places to travel in USA as single

I assume you're in twin cities? I grew up about two hours southeast in Wisconsin. Minneapolis has plenty of great bars and breweries. If you have any interest in American sports, there's that. If you're interested in the theatre, the Guthrie if one of the top rated companies in the US.

Outdoorsy stuff, I would recommend heading up to Duluth and the Lake Superior shore. Very picturesque. A trip out to the Badlands in South Dakota would be good. Bit of a drive, but that's America.

Chicago is about a 7hr drive but a brilliant town, great beaches, museums, nightlife. Bars open to 4am/5am. Not just saying that because I live there either.

If you have any questions, pm me. Ive lived in the area for most of my life and will try to help you out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I assume you're in twin cities? I grew up about two hours southeast in Wisconsin. Minneapolis has plenty of great bars and breweries. If you have any interest in American sports, there's that. If you're interested in the theatre, the Guthrie if one of the top rated companies in the US.

Outdoorsy stuff, I would recommend heading up to Duluth and the Lake Superior shore. Very picturesque. A trip out to the Badlands in South Dakota would be good. Bit of a drive, but that's America.

Chicago is about a 7hr drive but a brilliant town, great beaches, museums, nightlife. Bars open to 4am/5am. Not just saying that because I live there either.

If you have any questions, pm me. Ive lived in the area for most of my life and will try to help you out.

Thanks mate... I live in edina

You copying my post ? :)

When i lived in west allis for a bit i went to the wendy burger across from the pick n save. There is a gun range further down and after buying my triple baconator meal and walking back to my missus aunts house i saw it all taped off by cops (nice park near bye if you know it). I risked it and asked what happened and like he was my best mate this cop described exactly what happened.

Some chap basically came into a gun lane after a bloke who had been shagging his wife and hosed the fucker down then surrendered. Saw the them going in with the trolley and a black body bag. From a weird selfish pov i was thinking 'yeah, this is america man, fucking brutal'. Nobody really blinked an eye but i was fucking absorbed by everything, how people drove past and reacted, how the cop held himself, his demeanor etc, i sucked it all in like a sponge. The amount of 'fuss' created was similar to here of a shop lifter making a run for it at a tesco. It was a very surreal moment in that my mind demanded i absorb every minute detail, i could tell you the registration plates to this day of 6 or so cars that went past for example and point out the drivers faces in a crowd. One of many experiences living in the USA gave me and i am so very glad i did, it helped me grow as a person more than any amount of schooling could do.

I went home and finished my food, fed the dogs and spoke to my missus about it like it was an every day event 'oh some fella shot someone at the gun range' yeah she was shocked a bit but 20min later we were watching iron man and had forgot about it for all intents and purposes.

I have always prided on my ability to get along with folk, in my app building apparently the lad i drank with and chilled with was a top end biker gang dude but fuck if i ever saw to much of it. He had a mint bike but never any lads round, just his kids when they had their legal visits.

If you're looking for women you might be in the best place already. I've been to Minneapolis/St. Paul many times and have always been amazed at how attractive and friendly the women are. Just go down to First Avenue and start talking to one, they'll usually be the one to buy you a beer.

When i lived in west allis for a bit i went to the wendy burger across from the pick n save. There is a gun range further down and after buying my triple baconator meal and walking back to my missus aunts house i saw it all taped off by cops (nice park near bye if you know it). I risked it and asked what happened and like he was my best mate this cop described exactly what happened.

Some chap basically came into a gun lane after a bloke who had been shagging his wife and hosed the fucker down then surrendered. Saw the them going in with the trolley and a black body bag. From a weird selfish pov i was thinking 'yeah, this is america man, fucking brutal'. Nobody really blinked an eye but i was fucking absorbed by everything, how people drove past and reacted, how the cop held himself, his demeanor etc, i sucked it all in like a sponge. The amount of 'fuss' created was similar to here of a shop lifter making a run for it at a tesco. It was a very surreal moment in that my mind demanded i absorb every minute detail, i could tell you the registration plates to this day of 6 or so cars that went past for example and point out the drivers faces in a crowd. One of many experiences living in the USA gave me and i am so very glad i did, it helped me grow as a person more than any amount of schooling could do.

I went home and finished my food, fed the dogs and spoke to my missus about it like it was an every day event 'oh some fella shot someone at the gun range' yeah she was shocked a bit but 20min later we were watching iron man and had forgot about it for all intents and purposes.

I have always prided on my ability to get along with folk, in my app building apparently the lad i drank with and chilled with was a top end biker gang dude but fuck if i ever saw to much of it. He had a mint bike but never any lads round, just his kids when they had their legal visits.
It's a concept that most people don't get. I moved to where I am, knowing there would never be a support system there to catch me if I fucked up. I am 100% in charge of how I make my living, where I spend my money, with whom I do my business. The concept of being on unemployment or drawing money from a government agency is so foreign to me, I just don't get it. Weekends ( whilst I love them and do enjoy my relaxation) mean a hundred days a year I'm getting behind and not in front. There's so much oppurtunity out there......back to your point re guns. Things are very different here in the US (hence Trump ffs) however, personal awareness and personal sense of individualism is paramount to how Americans (especially red states) see them selves. That situation you describe doesn't alarm me in the slightest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.