Player topic: David Silva (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll peak next season imo. Hopefully it will be a long and shallow decline thereafter.

With that vision, touch and passing range? His role will change, but he'll be top class for 5/6 years to come.

I can see him sitting off Aguero next season, with everyone running off him, whilst he just chooses who gets to shoot next.

With that vision, touch and passing range? His role will change, but he'll be top class for 5/6 years to come.

I can see him sitting off Aguero next season, with everyone running off him, whilst he just chooses who gets to shoot next.
I agree that he'll be top class for another half decade, as he has been for City in the last half decade. My point about his peak remains, however. It has to come at some point. Passing it doesn't mean the end, you know?

I agree that he'll be top class for another half decade, as he has been for City in the last half decade. My point about his peak remains, however. It has to come at some point. Passing it doesn't mean the end, you know?

I can only speak from personal experience, but whenever I reach my peak, it certainly means the end is coming quickly.

As well his more obvious qualities I quite like the fact that he committed more fouls and picked up more yellow cards in the PL than any other City player last season.

Silva will remain at the top of the game longer than aguero, in my opinion. Silva's game is played in his brain and is not pace based. That's why he tends to come back from injury strong, unlike Sergio. Once Sergio gets over 30 his pace will start to go and whilst he will adapt and remain dangerous, he won't be as dangerous. Silva could easily still be running games at 35.

Silva will remain at the top of the game longer than aguero, in my opinion. Silva's game is played in his brain and is not pace based. That's why he tends to come back from injury strong, unlike Sergio. Once Sergio gets over 30 his pace will start to go and whilst he will adapt and remain dangerous, he won't be as dangerous.
I agree with that and don't doubt Silva will be a truly top player well into his mid thirties for the reasons you outlined. Losing a yard in the premier league, however, as he'll start to do, will still have a slight bearing on his game. Nothing to change any of the above, but it will still have a marginal impact on his overall play.

Agree about what you say about Sergio too.

Last edited:
Silva will remain at the top of the game longer than aguero, in my opinion. Silva's game is played in his brain and is not pace based. That's why he tends to come back from injury strong, unlike Sergio. Once Sergio gets over 30 his pace will start to go and whilst he will adapt and remain dangerous, he won't be as dangerous. Silva could easily still be running games at 35.

likewise though, Sergio may not be able to be 4 men on a sprint across the box, but he has the low centre of gravity, and the quick feet, to make half a yard still, and he has the best penalty box memory I think I've seen in a player, that he knows, wherever he is in the box, the exact angle at which to strike the ball to find the corner, without even looking, that he will still be a deadly finisher when he's lost a yard of pace.

Then again, I don't think he's as quick as he was when he first came here, and it hasn't affected his play.

likewise though, Sergio may not be able to be 4 men on a sprint across the box, but he has the low centre of gravity, and the quick feet, to make half a yard still, and he has the best penalty box memory I think I've seen in a player, that he knows, wherever he is in the box, the exact angle at which to strike the ball to find the corner, without even looking, that he will still be a deadly finisher when he's lost a yard of pace.

Then again, I don't think he's as quick as he was when he first came here, and it hasn't affected his play.

Yeah, I agree with that. Interesting point on your last sentence. I think it has seemed that way for long periods but his sharpness comes back after 8 or 9 games, and we saw that in the first and last quarters of the season. I hope that isn't wishful thinking on my part because I have been watching his pace with concern every time he comes back from injury. Remember in his first few games for us when he went past the Spurs full back and whacked it in the roof of the net? That was proper centre forwards pace, so maybe you're right.

Sterling has that burst at the moment, but not the finishing ability of course,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.