Player Topic: Fabian Delph (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having watched the slowness and lethargy of Yaya and Fernando in the first half....I got a bit of a shock seeing a City player with all that energy and drive at the start of the second half...so refreshing to see. If he stays fit then he should definitely be a starter for the coming games.

I'd love to know how you fit Sterling, De Bruyne, and Silva into that 442, maybe we could start with 12 and play 443, or not bother with a keeper ?

Sterling doesn't deserve to be a guaranteed starter based on his performances for us so far, and even if he was, he's proven to be far more dangerous in a central position where he has less time to think and becomes more instinctive in beating his man ala Bournmouth/against us for Liverpool where he destroyed Kompany, so he'd start up too next to Aguero with KDB and Silva interchanging from wide.

Atletico have proven recently that there is still a place for the 4-4-2 at the very top of the European game, but for it to function properly it's imperative that both central
Midfield players graft.

Delph has to start on Wednesday.

The first reaction after coming on was to go FORWARD, with the ball, and drive into the oppo half. Clearly unorthodox for Pellers.

Exactly what I thought. And when he did lose the ball he chased it down and applied pressure on liverpools players, unlike yaya who loves to point to other city players to do the dirty work. Think him and fern would work together because they both have desire to win the ball and bring it forward.

I think Delph, Fernandinho and Toure would make a good central midfield 3. Delph and Fernandinho bring the energy, drive and ability to play box to box and take some of the defensive load off Toure. Toure brings the calmness, passing ability and vision.

Reminds me of Fernandino the way he plays! Class today. Him and dino brilliant together! MOTM contender if not for KDB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.