Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

karen7 said:
He didn't get a send off at the chavs so i'm pleased we gave him a great one
I don't understand anyone who thinks otherwise, he must have big regrets that he didn't get one from Chelsea, as do most Chelsea fans.

I'm pleased we were their substitute and did him and his career proud, and I was glad to be part of it.

Just disappointed we didn't get all of our other pro's to wear his name on the back of thier shirts and walk 20 yards behind him.

Guess we're not a special,family club.

dobobobo said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:
Lampard got a great send off ,but he will always be regarded as a chelsea legend and his season with us will be soon forgotten , it was correct to give him the captaincy in his last competitive game in England , but the histrionics afterwards , the speech , his family taking a bow and the players giving him the bumps was over the top. He is a true credit to the game and has been a model professional and i have thoroughly enjoyed watching a brilliant footballer at close quarters ,but he really should have negotiated a pay a you play deal with chelsea this season , picked up another medal and got some deserved recognition from the rent boys.

Contradiction much^^^^^.[/quot

whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh

jimmygrimblesboots said:
dobobobo said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:
Lampard got a great send off ,but he will always be regarded as a chelsea legend and his season with us will be soon forgotten , it was correct to give him the captaincy in his last competitive game in England , but the histrionics afterwards , the speech , his family taking a bow and the players giving him the bumps was over the top. He is a true credit to the game and has been a model professional and i have thoroughly enjoyed watching a brilliant footballer at close quarters ,but he really should have negotiated a pay a you play deal with chelsea this season , picked up another medal and got some deserved recognition from the rent boys.

Contradiction much^^^^^.[/quot

whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh

Do you want me to colour in all the bits where you contradict yourself?

I'll have my kid watching clips of him someday, not for his goals but his technique. I always knew he was a very good player, but watching every minute of every game that he plays you really come to appreciate how fundamentally sound a player he is/was. His body positioning is just breathtakingly good -- he uses small feints and body positioning exactly how you'd want a midfielder to leverage them. He's obviously a bit slower and past it by the time he's put on our shirt, but I've been incredibly impressed by the innate footballer he is.

Thought Lampard looked like one of our most lively players when he played and showed a real will to win despite only being on loan and at 36 years of age which says everything about him. Always encouraging his teammates and playing in positive fashion. What I wouldn't give for a 24 year old version. I don't think the send off was over the top, there just aren't many players like Lampard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.