Player Topic: Kelechi Iheanacho (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was my Mum's birthday yesterday (she posts on here as zabadabablue) and Kelechi gave her his shirt at the end of the game. I'd post a couple of pics but have no idea how to upload!!!

I met your Mum yesterday at Palace as we were getting on the coaches to go home after the match.

She was wearing the shirt and She had the biggest grin and saying ....'this is my birthday!'

Everyone was clapping her ....I told her well done! Can't believe he parted with it as it's his 1st prem goal...?

Great moment for him and us as a club, if he keeps himself on his toes and goes searching for those sort of chances he'll do well. I've been critical of pellers in the past regarding youth but so far he's used nacho very well, blooding him here and there to build him up

hey if jizzyjag is Nacho man is :D

Dead right. If the rags are going to get credit for pinching players then so should we. Just thought it funny that Quinn made the point about us spending all that money but then giving a chance to an 18 year old 'academy player'. I bet there were quite a few rag types gnashing their teeth at that one.

It was my Mum's birthday yesterday (she posts on here as zabadabablue) and Kelechi gave her his shirt at the end of the game. I'd post a couple of pics but have no idea how to upload!!!
I met your Mum yesterday at Palace as we were getting on the coaches to go home after the match.

She was wearing the shirt and She had the biggest grin and saying ....'this is my birthday!'

Everyone was clapping her ....I told her well done! Can't believe he parted with it as it's his 1st prem goal...?

She was made up. To be honest, we didn't realise he was the goal scorer until after we'd left the ground. I can't believe he didn't keep it for himself either!

Dead right. If the rags are going to get credit for pinching players then so should we. Just thought it funny that Quinn made the point about us spending all that money but then giving a chance to an 18 year old 'academy player'. I bet there were quite a few rag types gnashing their teeth at that one.
To be fair, he is an academy player. Just not our academy. He'd never played a senior game of football before though, so I guess it's still different to some of the players who get called youth players

To be fair, he is an academy player. Just not our academy. He'd never played a senior game of football before though, so I guess it's still different to some of the players who get called youth players

City found him before he became a senior player & City are bringing him through, so if it counts for Arsene Wenger or Ferguson then it counts the same for us.

City found him before he became a senior player & City are bringing him through, so if it counts for Arsene Wenger or Ferguson then it counts the same for us.
I guess there's two aspects to bringing through a young player. There's developing the player to get them to a level where they are good enough to play, then there's actually giving the player their chance in the first team. Giving players their chance to breakthrough will be hugely important to help encourage other young players that this is the club they want to be at, so hopefully this is just the start.

I guess there's two aspects to bringing through a young player. There's developing the player to get them to a level where they are good enough to play, then there's actually giving the player their chance in the first team. Giving players their chance to breakthrough will be hugely important to help encourage other young players that this is the club they want to be at, so hopefully this is just the start.

I hope so. We are benefitting with Kelechi, from his experience playing in World Cups etc at a young age I think. But we have then given him some pre season chances in the last two seasons as well & there are others who may have benefitted from the same opportunities, although tbf some may have missed out due to injury.

Also, Kelechi has played several games for the EDS and u18s, so its not like he hasn't played for our academy either. He has done the youth team thing for us, albeit briefly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.