Player who most surpassed expectations

Tugay One Cup

As a flip side to the other thread, I thought this was a good idea.

Name one player who outperformed your expectations of them either when they first signed or from their early form.

Mine (and I suspect many other's) would be Pablo Zabaleta. Early on I just thought he was a headless chicken and totally rash; two yellow cards waiting to happen. Nine years later he leaves as a club legend who embodies nearly everything I love about my club and he put his all in at all times.

Zabaleta was the first name that sprang to mind for me too.

Another is Bellamy, couldn't stand the twat before he signed, was gutted when he left.

Bosvelt is another who definitely surpassed my expectations, thought he was washed up when he signed for us, couldn't have been more wrong. Great player.

Probably Yaya Toure, even though i thought he was going to be an important and classy player, but the attacking side of his game i didn't really realise was there before, had no idea how skillful he was and that he had that level of goal-scoring ability in him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.