Player who most surpassed expectations

I'd say Kompany. He was signed as a player with huge potential and really didn't impress as a DM which is what he largely was when we signed him. You couldn't have imagined he would become the central defensive rock he turned into. Him and Zabba have far surpassed my expectations.

Goater for me too. He just looked like a lump who'd sooner hit the corner flag than the back of the net.

It's great credit to Goater for turning the situation around, especially during that period. Started off as player who looked like the criticism got to him.

Last edited:
From my youth, Tony Book. 31 years old when he signed from Plymouth and yet commanded the respect of players like Lee, Doyle, Bell, Summerbee and Young to the point that the team somehow just wasn't the same without him in it. Currently Zaba and Kompany have to be right up there.
One that did surprise me was Peter Schmeichel, even though I'd still rather he had never played for us you can't accuse the rag twat of not giving 100% when he did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.