Players from the academy?

agyeiboateng

Do you guys see anybody coming through.

It absolutely amazing what the owners have done for English football by building this academy, but of course we want to see players come through like they have in Barcelona, Arsenal, Bayern etc...

Before the take over we have had SWP, Richards, Sturridge all come through the academy. Recently chances are obviously limited because of the many huge name we have in the first team.

I am really hoping Manuel starts looking at the academy because I remember against Newcastle in the league cup he still played most of the firs team.

agyeiboateng said:

It absolutely amazing what the owners have done for English football by building this academy, but of course we want to see players come through like they have in Barcelona, Arsenal, Bayern etc...

Before the take over we have had SWP, Richards, Sturridge all come through the academy. Recently chances are obviously limited because of the many huge name we have in the first team.

I am really hoping Manuel starts looking at the academy because I remember against Newcastle in the league cup he still played most of the firs team.

Arsenal and Bayern have barely brought any players through their academies!! They just buy young players from other people!

If you go off our past graduates there are a few in the premier league era:

SWP
BWP
Sturridge
Evans
Ireland
Onuaha
Richards
Boyata
Miller
Jordan
Flood
Wiess
Scapuzzi
Lopez
Pozo
Gudetti
Deneyar
Suarez
K Schemiecal
D Cole

There's just a few that have played at a professional standard from our youth academy. Ours has always been one of the best in England and this new site will help us turn those good players into great ones!

Difference to when them players were coming through was the first team wasn't great so they had a chance. Since the takeover, the level of players has gone up drastically meaning young lads who previously would have been given some game time, no longer met the standard. It's unfortunate but a reality. Hopefully now, the new facilities will help these players come through and be good enough for our first team.

One thing that does annoy me is "where are all these players from City's academy" A lot of players don't make the grade at our first team but are more than good enough for lower league teams. I had the pleasure of meeting Jim Cassell a couple of years ago and he was saying he got just as much satisfaction out of seeing one of his former academy players play in League 2 than play in the PL. Some people (press mainly) don't seem to see that players can be a good product of the academy by playing in the lower leagues. Plus the fact that these teams rely on these players coming through, not having to pay for their training at youth level and usually getting them for a small fee if any. But I assume "City ruining football" has a better ring to it!

agyeiboateng said:

Kean Bryan, the Under 19s captain looks an excellent prospect, and seems to have the right mentality as well from what I've seen of him in interviews.

He's a central midfielder, very neat and tidy on the ball and already has the physique to make the step up to the professional game. I've not seen enough of him to know whether he'll make it for us, but I'd be surprised if he doesn't have some kind of career in the game.

Manchester33 said:
agyeiboateng said:

Arsenal and Bayern have barely brought any players through their academies!! They just buy young players from other people!
Do you think it was just ignorance that made him include Arsenal and Bayern in that list? He's got an interesting post history to say the least.
Don't Arsenal have a large African fan base? sniff, sniff...

I have no idea how many players will eventually make it at City but imo players with a 'chance' of making it are just too many to mention.

It purely depends on how they develop. There are absolutely loads of them.

As far as comparisons with Arsenal go, Joe Hart would count as a player those bullshit merchants 'found' if he was at Arsenal, as would Iheanacho when he starts.

Full of shit that lot.

I think we are and will train kids technically as good as anywhere.

But with the B team proposal, backed by City, scrapped can we avoid the developmental graveyard for English footballers in the late teens/early 20s age group? This is where we should buy/invest in a Belgian or Dutch club perhaps.

LoveCity said:

But with the B team proposal, backed by City, scrapped can we avoid the developmental graveyard for English footballers in the late teens/early 20s age group? This is where we should buy/invest in a Belgian or Dutch club perhaps.

As that has been thrown out, it would be in the interests of Premier League clubs, to beef up the standard of the reserve league, try to find some sponsors or something & perhaps all pay into a fund, to bribe some of of the lower league clubs to field their first teams in perhaps Champions Lg style group competitions. Allow about 3 over age players to play i the Premier League teams, to help raise the level & guide the younger players.

If it was financially worth their while, the league teams would go for it & it would definitely arouse the interest of their fans if some prestige was attached to it.

LoveCity said:

What happened with the portugesse club that City was interested in buying?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.