Players from the academy?

Neville Kneville said:
LoveCity said:
I think we are and will train kids technically as good as anywhere.

But with the B team proposal, backed by City, scrapped can we avoid the developmental graveyard for English footballers in the late teens/early 20s age group? This is where we should buy/invest in a Belgian or Dutch club perhaps.

As that has been thrown out, it would be in the interests of Premier League clubs, to beef up the standard of the reserve league, try to find some sponsors or something & perhaps all pay into a fund, to bribe some of of the lower league clubs to field their first teams in perhaps Champions Lg style group competitions. Allow about 3 over age players to play i the Premier League teams, to help raise the level & guide the younger players.

If it was financially worth their while, the league teams would go for it & it would definitely arouse the interest of their fans if some prestige was attached to it.

yep, this is the only way. but i doubt the lower league associations (or whatever passes as their PL equivalent) will allow those teams to participate. I dont know whether participition in such a competition even if financially viable would suit those clubs (or their supporters) over better progress on their league

what possibly shoudve been done was for all clubs with B teams to share a significant percentage of their TV revenue (B-team revenue that is, if any) and their winnings (if any) with the rest of the leagues clubs. the proposal may also have gathered more support if the FA simply chose to bribe them, e.g. giving them a small portion of the PL TV money (which would be big for lower league clubs) - but that would then need approval from the PL and the PL clubs. In any case, I dont think the FA was 100% behind the B team idea or they wudve surely found a way

summerseat blue said:
LoveCity said:
I think we are and will train kids technically as good as anywhere.

But with the B team proposal, backed by City, scrapped can we avoid the developmental graveyard for English footballers in the late teens/early 20s age group? This is where we should buy/invest in a Belgian or Dutch club perhaps.
What happened with the portugesse club that City was interested in buying?

Boavista? They're back in Liga Sacres this season although they're not getting many results, I always thought that was a cash injection in return for first choice on some of their young players though more than a purchase of the club.

Just a question about our U21 players.

Which is the better option keep them all together each year whilst 21 or under, with Viera as manager, and let them perhaps go on and win a Youth League or Cup Title i.e. Thus get into a habit of winning things as a team

or

Take the most promising ones out and have them on Loan at Championship or League One sides or other leagues i.e. Cole, Fofana, Denayer, Drury, Leigh, Plummer etc which then slightly reduces the chances of those players winning trophies albeit at Youth level.

What serves for their best development ?

There is no 'one size fits all' approach.

One player may need the option of a loan to develop and/or test him,while another,such as Pozo.....looks as though he has the ingredients to make the leap straight from the academy.Others,most in fact..... will never have the ability to play for us so the loan is also a great opportunity to put them in the shop window.

I guess the skill is in the ability to recognise such.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.