Players who might improve us

Alves played on the wing for Sevilla and Barca, Guardiola played him exclusively at full back, same with Adriano. He hasn't exactly had your typical full backs at Bayern either. If he wants someone with a huge workrate and plenty of tenacity, someone great at holding possession and getting his team up the pitch and someone who has the ability to come infield and support the lads in central midfield when necessary, I don't see why he'd look past Navas.
Good post.

Alves played on the wing for Sevilla and Barca, Guardiola played him exclusively at full back, same with Adriano. He hasn't exactly had your typical full backs at Bayern either. If he wants someone with a huge workrate and plenty of tenacity, someone great at holding possession and getting his team up the pitch and someone who has the ability to come infield and support the lads in central midfield when necessary, I don't see why he'd look past Navas.

Alves never played on the wing for Barcelona. He never played for Barcelona before Guardiola anyway, he was bought in Pep's first summer.

And There's a massive difference between your right back being a fullback occasionally drafted in to play wing, and using a winger exclusively at fullback.

Dani Alves was an attacking right back, he'd played there his entire life apart from filling in on the wing.

Jesus Navas is a 30 year old winger who has played on the wing his entire life and never at fullback. It's chalk and cheese.

His fullbacks at Bayern have all been your typical fullbacks. Lahm, Rafinha, Alaba and Bernat were all established fullbacks. Lahm and Alaba were able to play elsewhere, but they were fullbacks first and foremost.

Alves never played on the wing for Barcelona. He never played for Barcelona before Guardiola anyway, he was bought in Pep's first summer.

And There's a massive difference between your right back being a fullback occasionally drafted in to play wing, and using a winger exclusively at fullback.

Dani Alves was an attacking right back, he'd played there his entire life apart from filling in on the wing.

Jesus Navas is a 30 year old winger who has played on the wing his entire life and never at fullback. It's chalk and cheese.

His fullbacks at Bayern have all been your typical fullbacks. Lahm, Rafinha, Alaba and Bernat were all established fullbacks. Lahm and Alaba were able to play elsewhere, but they were fullbacks first and foremost.

Alaba is hardly a typical full back, he was moved there from attacking midfield. Alves played on the wing as much as at full back for Sevilla (trust me, I was living there and going to games at the time) Bernat played on the wing as a youngster. When Guardiola came into the Barcelona job he changed the role of a full back completely. The likes of Danilo, Marcelo, Kolarov etc were wingers in 2007 and after. He's typically used somebody with the skill sets of a technical winger at full back. Somebody who can keep the ball, come inside and link play, get forward and provide width when his wider forward players move infield and help apply pressure defensively without the ball. Navas has the perfect skillset.

Would make superb backup for gundogan, and would possibly make a compelling case for starting ahead of fernandinho.

Great young CM for a very decent price.

It seems Madrd is clearing out its backup AMs but for Isco. Fuks! Anyway, I've always liked the way thid this kid drive forward with the ball.. Kinda like DeBryune with superior dribbling. Very frustrating for defenses.

I have to think if we really wanted him we would get him. This is my own comforting thoughts with all the transfer gossip. Putting all our trust in Pep and his decisions.

Whenever a player is tied to a team OTHER THAN Madrid, Barca, PSG, Munich or the rags... we can outbid them all. If a team like Juventus is going to get Kovacic, I have to believe its because Pep doesn't want him or has alternatives.

He is joy to watch.

But it seems after getting Gundogan we will not move for another CM.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.