Pochettino accuses Guardiola of "disrespect"

Or maybe Pep was having a sly dig at the press because they kept banging on about Kane without any reference to the contribution from the rest of the tottenham team; after all, he waxies lyrical about the team's performance rather than just that of one individual player.

I personally think it was disrespectful towards Spuds. I can't stand Spurs so it doesn't bother me.
Pep does let his emotions get the better of him quite often and in this case we can all make up excuses for him as he's our manager but it was disrespectful.

Imagine if we got called Aguero FC or De Bruyne FC by rivals fans, say Utd fans. Everyone would get well pissed off.
Looks like the holistic days are over!
I wouldn't get pissed off because it would be bollocks. If you spoke to 100 fans there would be a number of different players picked from our squad. If you did the same with Spurs at least 99 would pick Kane.

At the time I did think it wasn't a great thing to say, but to be fair to Pep he said it with a smile, so it was only a joke

Bit touchy from Poch. Maybe something leftover from their days as managers of Barca and Espanyol

This is a complete storm in a tea cup.

Pep didn't mean it in a disrespectful way whatsoever. If you actually watch the footage, he's got a big grin on his face when he says it. If anything, he was complementing Kane, not taking the piss out of Spurs. It was intended as a compliment.

Again, if you actually see Pochetino's conference today, he's not angry or especially offended. He's actually smiling and in a good mood when talking about it. He's probably using it as a tactic to motivate his players and have a dig at Pep.

Both comments look far worse on paper than when you actually see the footage. Not like the written press to overhype something!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.