Pogba Alternatives?

Isn't he supposed to be more of a Silva type player?
Not really, I think that comparisson is mainly used because we have Silva. Looks more like a Moutinho type of midfielder to me, playing deeper and more centrally and controlling the game, rather than drifiting off the wing like Silva.

Even Pjanic and Xhaka are much better deep lying playmakers.

I think you underrate Pjanic. Seems a lot of people are. True, he doesn't have the physical capabilities of Yaya or Pogba, but he's a better deep-lying playmaker than either of them. He reminds me of a more technical Xabi Alonso, and he's still pretty young (25).

Honest question, not suggesting he's a realistic CM option for City at our current standards: anyone know what Illaramendi looks like these days? I know he can't fight his way into relevance at Madrid, but is he a shadow of his previous self or just unable to dislodge Kroos & Modric? What a player he was two seasons ago.

I'm actually convinced you're a parody account now

Some of your posts are bordering on ludicrous

I only mean in terms of Centre Midfield.

Txiki's done great to get Sterling, Delph and Roberts, but what's he doing now it's becoming increasingly obvious we desperately need a new CM?

Our options are so thin on the ground it's ridiculous. We need a CM as a priority and we're linked with nobody!

I only mean in terms of Centre Midfield.

Txiki's done great to get Sterling, Delph and Roberts, but what's he doing now it's becoming increasingly obvious we desperately need a new CM?

Our options are so thin on the ground it's ridiculous. We need a CM as a priority and we're linked with nobody!

Which just means he's doing his job. You want him to join twitter or keep a live blog on who he's calling each day?

The quieter things are, the better they're being run. They less you know, the more we're doing right. Embrace that idea and you'll find the whole process a lot more comforting.

Which just means he's doing his job. You want him to join twitter or keep a live blog on who he's calling each day?

The quieter things are, the better they're being run. They less you know, the more we're doing right. Embrace that idea and you'll find the whole process a lot more comforting.

I suppose so. But it isn't half nerve wracking.

Him joining Twitter wouldn't be such a bad idea, actually ;)

Have been very impressed with Zuculini every time I've seen him. Perhaps he'll get a run out in the team! Rate him over Fernando, anyway!

Honest question, not suggesting he's a realistic CM option for City at our current standards: anyone know what Illaramendi looks like these days? I know he can't fight his way into relevance at Madrid, but is he a shadow of his previous self or just unable to dislodge Kroos & Modric? What a player he was two seasons ago.

Good shout, good little player he is.

The best 2 alternatives would be Radja Naingollan and Granit Xhaka, both have the right mentality to play for City and both very talented with great ability on the ball and very good positional awareness.

Other alternatives would be Axel Witsel, Charles Aranguiz and Miralem Pjanic. Gundogan would be fantastic but would be the most difficult to acquire.

He's the one. Him and Dinho would be a supercharged midfield base.

I'd have him, Ramsey and Veratti over Pogba, for differing reasons. Even Pjanic and Xhaka are much better deep lying playmakers.

I wouldn't class Pogba as a deep lying playmaker anyway, he's more of a midfield general IMO. Verratti is absolutely fantastic but PSG wouldn't Sell. As said above, Naingollan would be a great shout, he can be a dictator of the play as well as giving us that tenacity and bite in midfield. A very well rounded player who would work wonders in our midfield.

A midfield trio of Fernandinho- Naingollan/Xhaka- Yaya would greatly improve my confidence of our chances to regain top spot in the league, especially considering KDB joins as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.