Post counts

This site isn't cosy it's huge, there isn't a way to make it "Comfortable" because the numbers don't allow that. Should there be a section only visible to those members who have posted 10,000 posts so that their worries can be eased and they don't have to mix with the general population?
Would you like the rest of us to call you Sir and run to get the drinks for you and clean your shoes? :-). At the Etihad they could install separate toilets one for over 10000 posts and one for under. That will help you not to mix with the general population. I'm still laughing. :-)

Last edited:
Post count is no indication either of quality of contribution or raggishness.

To encourage less cuntishness and promote higher quality, I'd rather see a score based on net post likes versus dislikes. So someone with 1,000 thumbs up and 1,100 thumbs down would show as -100. Someone with a score of + 8,000 would clearly be marked out both as a major contributor and a person who adds value to the forum. Someone with - 5,000 would show themselves up a serial bell end.

How feasible this would be I don't know.

Yours

sir baconface
+ 10,000

giphy.gif

I have viewed the forum for years but never felt the need to add to the debate.

In the last year I've found myself in the position to help other fans shed light on the myths of football finance, particularly where City are concerned.

It's right to value someone who consistently posts decent information. But every ITK or valued poster had a first post, so it's ridiculous to dismiss a first time poster.

I like the idea of a poster rating but I suspect, with facebook as my evidence, that people would like or rate all the wrong stuff.

A larger percentage of low posters will be wums than the percentage of those with 20.000+
A larger percentage of posters with 20.000+ posters will chat more shite than anyone with 200+

If post counts are gone then hopefully not every single thread in off topic will be derailed by the same 10 to 20 posters who take over every thread on there seemingly only to have a "banter" circle jerk and up their post count.

Last edited:
A larger percentage of low posters will be wums than the percentage of those with 20.000+
A larger percentage of posters with 20.000+ posters will chat more shite than anyone with 200+

If post counts are gone then hopefully not every single thread in off topic will be derailed by the same 10 to 20 posters who take over every thread on there seemingly only to have a "banter" circle jerk and up there post count.

I agree. It's much better when we don't have the circle jerks and let someone build up enough of a head of steam to have a proper melt down and beg to be banned, before coming back on later that evening with a new username.

If post counts are gone then hopefully not every single thread in off topic will be derailed by the same 10 to 20 posters who take over every thread on there seemingly only to have a "banter" circle jerk and up their post count.

This. I'd say someone with between approximately 5,135 and 5,140 posts is likely to be a well-balanced individual, venerated by all.

More seriously, there are posters in the multi-thousands who always amuse and entertain - and a few for whom a large % of posts smack of "look at me, aren't I a successful fcuker?" A "net positive" system would soon sift out these two types.

Last edited:
Still have no idea what the issue is. If someone calls you a WUM, then tell them to fuck off, if someone calls you a Rag, then tell them to fuck off. Just look at some of the posters in the two ongoing political threads right now to see wumming and fuckwittery at its best, and they all have high post counts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.