Post Match: City vs United Friendly | ICC

Thanks for that. Just watched it through. Quite a few impressive performances there. to say we had almost just stepped off the plane I thought we looked ok, few wayward passes and a bit of rustiness.
Must admit I understood more of the Russian commentary than if I had listened to Crerand the drunk on Rag TV

You saying it wasn't Paddy Crerand?

Your eyes are ok Blue......

Manchester United (4-2-3-1): De Gea (Romero, ht); Valencia (Fosu-Mensah, 78) , Smalling, Lindelof (Jones, ht), Blind (Darmian, ht); Ander Herrera (Fellaini, 62), Pogba; Lingard (Pereira, 78), Mkhitaryan (Carrick, 62), Rashford (Martial, 62); Lukaku

Manchester City (4-3-3): Ederson; Walker, Kompany (Stones, ht), Adarabioyo (Otamendi, ht), Fernandinho (Mangala, ht); Toure, De Bruyne (Nasri, ht), Foden (Zinchenko, 76); Roberts (Brahim, ht), Aguero (Jesus, ht), Sterling (Sane, ht)

Yellow: Toure (42), Blind (44), Mangala (55)

Referee: Ismail Elfath
Their full strength team, a couple of games into pre-season v ours with youth and at least 3 first teamers missing. Think we looked a bit rusty but I'm confident with new signings coming in plus the Silva's and Gundogan we'll be really strong this season.

bar Zinchenko, we changed everyone at half time. So desperate was Jose to win that he left two of his key players on for the duration.

Just watched some highlights, but is it me, or were the rags going in over the top on a lot of the tackles, in other words trying to take our players out?

Just watched some highlights, but is it me, or were the rags going in over the top on a lot of the tackles, in other words trying to take our players out?
That would probably be Blind in the first half on Roberts , but that`s what happens what happens when a young kid teaches an old donkey how to play football

with utd already acclimatized and two games into their tour so the first team would be getting more game time and fitter, and city straight off the plane and unfit doing the usual giving youth a chance i have to say i was expecting a hammering , i saw the result and the paper ridicule before i watched the full match repeat , and yes there was poor performances Fernandinho playing at left back with no support Yaya poor passing and de Bruyne again poor passing but in all considering, city`s kids outplayed them even with jet lag
We should have had a penalty and Blind was lucky not to see red they scored two good goals but this was a good game of hoof ball vs football , think Pep is very proud of his players right now

I was happy with the game overall. I was pleased with Ederson dusting off his error and still looking confident, Walker looked a beast already, and the youngsters impressed.

Because a team can afford a Silva and an Aguero, but not 11 of them! They are both brilliant, but their locker isn't full, either. Sorry, but if you think City will go anywhere with a midfield and forward line full of players who range from 5'5" to 5'9" you are sorely mistaken. Not every player is a Silva or a Messi.
It's not American Football mate, height doesn't matter if the ball is on the floor. If you're ManUre and play long ball rugby football, then your point stands.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.