Post Match Thread: Barca vs City

Tony Adcock said:
They are simply a better team than us....

We have a long way to go to be competing with the likes of these, Madrid teams and Bayern.
psg are competing with these teams already, so why are'nt we both clubs had investment round the same time. Our project is way behind

sam-caddick said:
BobKowalski said:
Johnsonontheleft said:
Without FFP we would have started that game with Aguero, Suarez & possibly Messi upfront. Just think about that for a second.

FFP has had the desired effect of crippling our progress. We can buy Wilfried Bonys for £30m but what we need are galacticos to level the playing field. A Bale, a Ronaldo, a Neymar, a Suarez. We simply can't compete anymore & it's criminal.

PSG had the same FFP restrictions. How are they doing?

This.

Blaming everything on FFP is a myth.

Spending 32m on the likes Mangala is what has cost City.

The Mail had an article saying we have spent over 300m since winning the league in 2012 yet only Fernandinho replacing Barry and Demichelis replacing Lescott have changed in the side.

Shocking!

Not to mention 30 odd for Big Phil mark II.

malg said:
buckshot said:
The sad fact is that City have never hit their stride this season. Moral victories and a few individual performances don't make up for the fact that, with the money that's been spend, City need to be much closer to moving forward in the CL.
That's a fair summation.

A top manager would've probably had this team plating to its potential.

malg said:
buckshot said:
The sad fact is that City have never hit their stride this season. Moral victories and a few individual performances don't make up for the fact that, with the money that's been spend, City need to be much closer to moving forward in the CL.
That's a fair summation.

Probably so.

ZZmaestro said:
Actually i have always said that we stalled since 2011 and tonight just proved my point : without a once in a lifetime performance from Hart, we could have literally been obliterated.
All these wasted years of opportunity to reinforce the core of the squad with world-caliber players instead of deadwood utility ones are finally starting to come and bite us in the arse.
We are guilty for wasting the momentum that we had to emerge as a real european elite powerhouse, instead, the elephant gave birth to a mouse.

This !

momo88 said:
ZZmaestro said:
Actually i have always said that we stalled since 2011 and tonight just proved my point : without a once in a lifetime performance from Hart, we could have literally been obliterated.
All these wasted years of opportunity to reinforce the core of the squad with world-caliber players instead of deadwood utility ones are finally starting to come and bite us in the arse.
We are guilty for wasting the momentum that we had to emerge as a real european elite powerhouse, instead, the elephant gave birth to a mouse.

This !

You mean wasted "the chance " to become an elite powerhouse. With FFP and this aging squad we may not be able to dine with the very top European sides for quite some time.

momo88 said:
ZZmaestro said:

This !
agree we have too many deadwood utility players,but i wouldnt call yaya toure a utility player,and for me he is the crux of our problem on his day he's world class,he's won us games on his own but i think weve invested too much into trying to cater to yaya toure.he has been found out be useless against teams like,barca and bayern.the two ferns who were supposed to win everyball in midfield and do all the running ,so toure can play further upfield just hasnt worked,we bought the octopus when we needed an iniesta.yaya toure needs to go we need fighters in midfield.with the right attitude,and desperatly need effective wingers,aguero and silva deserve better.

Draken said:
momo88 said:
ZZmaestro said:

This !
agree we have too many deadwood utility players,but i wouldnt call yaya toure a utility player,and for me he is the crux of our problem on his day he's world class,he's won us games on his own but i think weve invested too much into trying to cater to yaya toure.he has been found out be useless against teams like,barca and bayern.the two ferns who were supposed to win everyball in midfield and do all the running ,so toure can play further upfield just hasnt worked,we bought the octopus when we needed an iniesta.yaya toure needs to go we need fighters in midfield.with the right attitude,and desperatly need effective wingers,aguero and silva deserve better.
Totally agree. The only truly world class players we have.

geoff hammond said:
If Messi was wearing a City shirt tonight instead of a Barca one i think we would have won.

Reading some of the so called "experts" opinions online tonight Barca are streets ahead of city. But I disagree - that one individual is so incredible he makes such a massive difference.

I think we had 13 attempts on goal. Imagine what we would have done with him.

I am not saying we need to buy a "Messi" - I'm just saying how much of a difference one player of his quality can make

In a nutshell. Completely agree. He is the difference.

If we really want to progress in this tournament we have to start winning our groups. Yes we have had ssome terrible draws (it's fixed) but they in all cases been winnable. This season's showing was embarrassing,as was last season when pellers didn't know the score. Top the group. That's progess.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.