Post Match Thread: Election 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck me with a spoon!

tax-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq3hzz79sZSQF5r0hG2FsQ4qYAFTrcUjQCOes3vBGqr78.jpg

Be lovely to be in the position to pay that much tax and im sure more would want to swap places with him than he would with the vast majority less well off shall we say.

Well it's eye watering but this myth peddlalled that the rich don't pay is utter bullshit. The top 5 percent of earners pay half of the total tax intake.
Brian-Jaw-Drop.gif

Is that actually true? The way my Labour voting comrades at work were carrying on it was only between 10-15% towards the total tax so they 'contribute' more.

Be lovely to be in the position to pay that much tax and im sure more would want to swap places with him than he would with the vast majority less well off shall we say.
But is it right to suggest that he's "not paying enough tax" as is the mantra from critics of billionaires in the UK?

it might have done and you think that was a good thing as we enter the Brexit talks?

@Labour are calling this a victory but in the run up to critical talks regarding the exit deal I think it will cause major issues...... I consider what Labour have done therefore to be divisive and though I get why I think that even the leadership have had blinkers on.... it can't be a victory, even a moral one for Labour if the country are ultimately worse off as a result can it?

I suppose it's ultimately May's fault for calling the election then spectacularly failing to turn up

Labour have done nothing wrong it's called democracy.

absolutely but their false promises and failure to succeed despite the worst opponents in recent history will damage us all....
So Labour's result is divisive - based on "false promises" - because it affects the Brexit talks - and the referendum result wasn't based on false promises? Do give over.

Why is it in the least bit impressive that a billionaire happens to pay millions in tax?
Becuase if someone suggests £58m in tax is an example of "not contributing enough to society" then what is? £100m in tax? £200m?

But is it right to suggest that he's "not paying enough tax" as is the mantra from critics of billionaires in the UK?

That would depend entirely on all of them paying the full amounts due i would have said but it doesn't negate the point i made.

I have no issue with anyone earning whatever amount they can. All power to their elbow i say just as long as they do pay what they are due to pay.

My biggest gripe is do multi national companies making £Billions pay enough and do we need to look at our corporation tax rates again or possibly look at a turnover tax instead which for me would be much fairer.

Do you mean in the same way the tories have been doing for the last 7 years?

SDSR 2010 came about because of the need to update our security policy which had become a bit stale under Blair/Brown stewardship and also to address a £38 Billion overspend in the MOD budget; again under Blair/Brown.

A letter guaranteeing existing funding to NI...
...with the DUP and other parties in NI...

Hardly "getting into bed". You'd think the Tories would give up on distortion and lies but no, that's still the way it goes....

The military has been decimated. Not by Corbyn.

Tories give Olympics security contract to a company whose directors donate to the party and then cock up and you think it's great that the army were called in!

Incidentally, there should be an investigation into how much anti-Corbyn stuff has circulated semi-officially within the army.

Again, Blair and Brown. Going to war in Iraq (based on lies) wasn't in the least cheap but for some reason "Trust me Tony" wanted his war. Brown had the purse strings as chancellor when the MOD were pissing money up the wall.

LOCOG (London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games) signed the contract with G4S for the Olympics in London, 2012. The contract was signed by their Director of Security and Resilience Ian Johnson; Nothing at all to do with the Government initially until they had to step in and sort out the mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.