Potholes

Should probably start with actually fixing them properly, these quick fixes often start degrading in no time, especially on bus routes and over winter.

In Tourouvre-au-Perche in france they have installed a solar powered road, no potholes and powers the traffic & street lights.

It's the future, I tell ya, any cracks or holes are just replaced with new solar tiles.

Just been cycling some of the rural NCN routes. Sustrans are extremely good at directing you to 'quiet' roads but the surface of said road can be right shitty. Corrugated tarmac would be a smoother ride! Urban roads are significantly more dangerous from the point of view of potholes. Some of them are much deeper than they were allowed to go in previous incarnations. Thank Gabriel and Navas for traffic free - rarely see a pothole on these routes.
I cycled 50 odd miles today on an organised doo round The Gower. Beautiful scenery, horrible headwind all the way, and the potholes on the cycling edge of the road were unbelievable. Im a considerate cyclist, all for peace and love with motorists, but they cant know or appreciate how physically impossible it is to put tyres through that and how you have to come out into the road to avoid them. A bit of human kindness and basic appreciation for the health of the common man is all I ask, but some cant do it. Thankfully, most could!

I cycled 50 odd miles today on an organised doo round The Gower. Beautiful scenery, horrible headwind all the way, and the potholes on the cycling edge of the road were unbelievable. Im a considerate cyclist, all for peace and love with motorists, but they cant know or appreciate how physically impossible it is to put tyres through that and how you have to come out into the road to avoid them. A bit of human kindness and basic appreciation for the health of the common man is all I ask, but some cant do it. Thankfully, most could!

You can find 99 considerate but there's always one. We were in Selby on Friday - it makes Wigan look like Wilmslow - and we were cycling on the top of a banking (Route 65). It was as knobbly as a quarry bottom so we came off to go on the road which had marked cycle paths but had to cycle about ten yards on the pavement to get off because the pavement was sunk below the level of the road. "THIS ISN'T A CYCLE PATH!" came the reply from a Ten Ton Tessie out walking her dog. And we no sooner got into the town centre than two owd biddies tell our lady wheelers that she hates cyclists. Selby was saved from eternal damnation because it had a Costa, and they were very nice in there. But Selby will not feature again on any Tour de Ewing!

There's a bit of a rat run between Bury New Road and Great Clowes in Broughton. The road is so bad it looks like it's been ploughed.
The council put paint round the worst potholes about three weeks ago. Perhaps they are expecting them to fill themselves in as there's no sign of any work being done.

In Tourouvre-au-Perche in france they have installed a solar powered road, no potholes and powers the traffic & street lights.

It's the future, I tell ya, any cracks or holes are just replaced with new solar tiles.

I bet we've fuckin' paid for that through our EU subs. France used to be a quaint nineteenth century Ancien Regime kinda place - chaussee deformee wherever yer went, three lane Route Nationale roads, yellow markings and yellow headlamps - and then they raided the EU coffers. Now - motorways as smooth as a baby's buttock, gold paint gleaming from every steeple and statue, and Bobby Charlton gives away free tickets to French Rags.

No wonder we pissed 'em off by leaving - they're gonna have to screw the Chairmans to maintain their current lifestyle.

I bet we've fuckin' paid for that through our EU subs. France used to be a quaint nineteenth century Ancien Regime kinda place - chaussee deformee wherever yer went, three lane Route Nationale roads, yellow markings and yellow headlamps - and then they raided the EU coffers. Now - motorways as smooth as a baby's buttock, gold paint gleaming from every steeple and statue, and Bobby Charlton gives away free tickets to French Rags.

No wonder we pissed 'em off by leaving - they're gonna have to screw the Chairmans to maintain their current lifestyle.

Piss take post I take regarding EU funding?

These roads can be built anywhere, it's one town that decided to do it not some master paln to screw the uk.
If our government has any vision all new roads would be solar ones, and all new build housed would have solar roofing, with the energy poured into a nation enery company offering cheap energy to the people

Last edited:
Piss take post I take?

These roads can be built anywhere, it's one town that decided to do it not some master paln to screw the uk.
If our government has any vision all new roads would be solar ones, and all new build housed would have solar roofing, with the energy poured into a nation enery company offering cheap energy to the people

I keep telling my BiL that the railways and utility companies need to be renationalised, but I have little hope it would ever happen. There are too many people and organisations who would not want to provide 'cheap' energy. No matter how 'cheap' it was to create, they would want to maximise profits, and it then becomes 'marketised' energy!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.