Premier League 2023/24 Player of the Season | Foden & Haaland nominated

How the fuck is Haaland on that list?
Rodri should win it
Because he’s atop the PL scorers list despite missing 2 months with injury

Youre right about Rodri though, he’s head and shoulders the most influential player in the league

The last time he lost a Premier League game was February 2023 - away to Spurs. He has played in 48 Premier League matches since then.

Ironically, if we avoid losing to Spurs away this time round, then that would be 50 games unbeaten. It's absolutely fucking stupid he isn't in this vote. Who the fuck came up with the shortlist? They want sacking.

Haaland is lead scorer, so he has to be in there by virtue of that. It's kind of indicative of what a special player he is that people here are saying "patchy season" when he's pretty much sown up the golden boot comfortably having only played 28 games. Apparently his "below par" result is 30 goal contributions in 28 games. Quite funny.

Foden just edges out Rodri for me, only for the joy of watching him play. Rodri is extremely efficient, functional, highly skilled. Foden, I don't so much care about his stats (even though this year they're brilliant), the way I feel watching him play is like looking at a Michaelangelo fresco or something. It's pure artistry.
Haaland has done fine. His general numbers are great but it’s fair enough to bear in mind that his xg is negative in the league, the only time this has happened to him in his shortish career so far. Point is, there’s no objective reason to suggest he has been league player of the year. Doesn’t mean I hate him or think he’s crap!

If Phil does win it he should step up to the mic at the awards ceremony and tell them "cheers to the fans for all the votes and soz to the fucking weapons who made the list of nominations, but I dedicate this award to my team mate and the real footballer of the year - Rodri".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.