Premier League consider new TV deal that could see 11AM Ko's to increase value in Asia

Bunch of moaning bastard. It's a great idea.

They just need to make CL games kick off at 6pm local time next.

I suspect this is a reaction to La Liga changing KO times to get a slice of the Asian tv market.

Not surprising but early kick offs always use to take the edge of Manchester derbies and no one at a weekend wants to be setting off for the match at 9/9:30 am. Another step to ruining football.

We would also have to rename the 'early leavers' the 'early early leavers'.

Bet Bournemouth fans are buzzing for a 11AM kick off away at Newcastle on a Sunday.
Not sure this is the type of game the Asian markets will be wanting moved!
Seriously though, perhaps it's time for the PL to move to playing on a Sunday, save for teams in the CL the following week? The FL would get a clear run at 3 on a Saturday and the TV could have Saturday lunchtime or Saturday evening and 3 on a Sunday (1130, 1330 and 1530). That could then well mean a move to 'red button' football allowing people to choose their game, like the rest of the world can.

I was at that Everton match. The atmosphere was weird as i think most were hungover, tired or both. They were flogging bacon and sausage cobs for £2.

What would be the likelihood of these games being the derbies? Manc one week/spurs v arse next etc....

Cobs you say, this could get messy with the Muffin/Barm brigade

Not surprising but early kick offs always use to take the edge of Manchester derbies and no one at a weekend wants to be setting off for the match at 9/9:30 am. Another step to ruining football.

We would also have to rename the 'early leavers' the 'early early leavers'.

Pyjama Leavers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.