Premier League Games 30/31 dec

Jamie redknapp spot on about VAR. Will cause more problems than good.
It’s good in theory but still won’t solve the issues,Ray parlour just said what if I think it’s a pen and he doesn’t,the video ref might decide no pen but a ref in the studio like BT Sport do might tell the presenter and pundits that’s a pen still won’t solve anything..

It’s good in theory but still won’t solve the issues,Ray parlour just said what if I think it’s a pen and he doesn’t,the video ref might decide no pen but a ref in the studio like BT Sport do might tell the presenter and pundits that’s a pen still won’t solve anything..
My issue is that it stops the excitement of a goal. Every time a player scores in the Italian or German league the first thing you do is look to the ref as it could simply be ruled out due to a challenge five minutes before. It ruins the emotion of a goal.

Its horrible and will really damage the game imo

People always use Rugby and Cricket as examples where it works but there completely different sports.

My issue is that it stops the excitement of a goal. Every time a player scores in the Italian or German league the first thing you do is look to the ref as it could simply be ruled out due to a challenge five minutes before. It ruins the emotion of a goal.

Its horrible and will really damage the game imo
Yeah that’s a good point as well..

You ever tried running at full speed and then stopping instantly with your hands behind your back? It's not easy as the momentum will carry you forward. His hands came in front to stop him clattering into Gibbs and balance himself and stop him falling forward. At that distance you can't call it deliberate or if thats the case then players should just aim for hands when crossing in the box to get a penalty.

Looking at it you can see he was trying to balance himself and wasn't going to handle the cross. Even if he had the time to see it and then put his hands up intentionally, why? the ball was going to hit him in the stomach. It's not like his hands were above head or out to the sides. Really harsh and a non penalty imo. In slow mo it looks like there was ages of time but by the time he got there, the ball was crossed.
I get all that and a non-penalty call wouldn't have been a surprise, but I still think it warranted a penalty. Just my opinion.

Ffs didn’t realise mason was the ref for our game against Watford,oh well it will most likely be a follow on from the palace game in terms of decisions and applying the laws of the game,foul,kick,elbow,block and time waste to your hearts content as mason will turn a blind eye to what Watford do..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.