Premier League Games 6/7 April '24

Hasn't it been mentioned that it has to be the last midweek, as it's the only free date available to us?

Well hopefully it is. Bit presumptuous to automatically assume we’ll be in the semis of the Champions League though.

We’ve all got to play Spurs and one of us is going to fuck up against them, just hope it isn’t us
History tell us, it is going to be you.

It is an immutable law of football that we will fold against both Arsenal and Liverpool. And fluke a 1-0 win (Son - 87 minutes) against you.

Hopefully you have won it by then.

Just on that subject. Our game with them, I see, is due to be rearranged. Could it be conceivable that it could be right at the end of the season, after the West Ham match or in the week immediately preceding it, what with everything else we've got on our plate? Because if that were the case, they would be playing Arsenal, for sure, in order to qualify for Europe, and even Liverpool for that reason, unless Villa fold up completely. By the time they got to us, there might be nothing much riding on it.
Just clutching at straws, I know. This is the kind of thing you do towards the end of a tight season, and too much time to think of all the angles.

That's my take as well. All done and dusted before we play Spurs. We really shouldn't be dropping too many points before then. The other two will drop more ....

That Arsenal point at the Etihad isn't looking too stupid now eh?

It never did. It was a bit discountenancing, though, to see one of the best teams in the league this year — if not the best — come and play like just about everyone else in the PL, from Burnley upward (low block, quick counters). Although obviously very much better at it.
It was for us to break you down. We couldn't do it. Fair enough.
The only team that takes us on and goes toe to toe with us is the dippers. That's been the case for six years or so now. Reluctantly, I have to respect them for that.

I wasn’t criticising you removing the exchange, Jim, I was just explaining why I asked you, because you asked me why I did.

And I do know how thankless the role is, and how former mods are held to a higher standard to every other user. Hence why I stopped engaging with Lassel after it was obvious they were just trying to wind me up, as I know I would have likely been dealt with more harshly.
I was once told i am held to a higher standard because i post the most , i feel your pain. Hopeful lassel is toast , prize wum

Arsenal are the best team in the league but Liverpool have somehow managed to get themselves into a situation where they’ve got the easier remaining fixtures and points on the board/game in hand. Difficult to see Liverpool not winning it, but I don’t really think they’ve been better than Arsenal. It’s a weird one.
Life comes at you fast.
Imagine betting against Pep and this team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.