Premier League (midweek) Games 2/3/4 April '24

Penalties aren’t a given and his overall play is the only reason they’re not closer to the relegation zone. You’re trying way too hard to discredit his performances.
I am really not.

You are seeing something that isn’t there with his overall play.

You are seeing something that isn’t there with his overall play.
In what regard?

Foden is my favourite player and is leading the Champions League in expected assists, yet Palmer's underlying creative numbers(goal/shot-creating actions) across all comps are all the better per 90. He's also averaging more tackles and intersections per 90, which is surprising, as I thought Foden's most significant improvement this season has come off the ball.

Just to clear up the Palmer thing.
WE DIDN'T SELL HIM ON. HE ASKED TO LEAVE.
Is that clear enough for people?

Pep told him he would be getting more playing time after Mahrez left.
He himself decided he still wanted to go. The club didn't step in his way.
So we didn't make any mistake.

As Pep said, he doesn't keep players who don't want to be there.
Quite a few on here that have a hard time with that, and resort to having a go at Blues who aren’t just pointing the obvious out, but giving the kid his due.

Oh to be the biggest Blue.

In what regard?

Foden is my favourite player and is leading the Champions League in expected assists, yet Palmer's underlying creative numbers(goal/shot-creating actions) across all comps are all the better per 90. He's also averaging more tackles and intersections per 90, which is surprising, as I thought Foden's most significant improvement this season has come off the ball.
A large portion of his G/A are penalties, which shouldn’t be included in any proper comparison (especially with the current penalty rules, which favour the penalty taker even more than they used to).

His individual contribution going forward is very good, but he is often quite selfish (which has regularly frustrated his teammates, even tonight), which limits his chance creation and overall team contributions. His positioning and workrate out of possession is usually pretty poor, which was also on show tonight (especially for United’s second goal, where he didn’t even bother running back (instead watching every other Chelsea player sprint back in an attempt to prevent the goal). There were several other instances of him just standing and watching as United countered.

Tonight he was pretty poor overall, which he often is, even in games where he scores or assists, contributing to Chelsea needing to come from behind in the first place. He scored two penalties he didn’t win and a hit and hope shot in to a crowd that would have been saved had a Rag player not redirected it past a diving Onana (really should be an own goal but will be credited to Palmer due to technically being on target).

As I have said many times, he simply would not be a regular starter under Pep this season, which Palmer wanted, hence he left. Pep told he would play more with Mahre leaving but couldn’t guarantee a starting role. Palmer wasn’t satisfied with that.

I don’t know how anyone could watch full Chelsea matches and argue he would be starting regularly for us. That’s not even getting in to the fact that Chelsea face completely different tactics to us, which suit Palmer’s style.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.