Premier League TV rights 2025/26 - 2028/29

Football has no chance of recovering from the depths of the cesspit it currently resides in, until only highlights shows are allowed. Ditch the money and get some real fans back on the terraces.

I prefer one that is unbiased instead of Neville spouting his opinion on what the rags should be doing and slagging off the owners and spit boy squealing like a dolphin when the dippers score

cool, that’s your opinion.
If I’m watching a game I’d prefer to watch Sky coverage than other platforms .

Would’ve liked Amazon only for the ability to mute those on comms and have crowd noise only.

cool, that’s your opinion.
If I’m watching a game I’d prefer to watch Sky coverage than other platforms .

I'm with you.
I'm delighted when i see it's on SKY.
BT/TNT coverage/commentary is so second class. Not far off watching a foreign channels offering.
Amazon can be tricky. Streaming matches can either glitch, not work and are well behind live coverage. But the actual picture quality is normally top notch.

My main concern is SKY having a near monopoly. I thought opening bidding was to avoid this.
There is nothing to stop them (to keep) going silly with pricing.
Having said that, it is annoying to have to pay BT/TNT for their sparse coverage as well as SKY.

It is almost forcing people to go "dodgy" just to watch matches. Especially the 3pm's etc.

I'm with you.
I'm delighted when i see it's on SKY.
BT/TNT coverage/commentary is so second class. Not far off watching a foreign channels offering.
Amazon can be tricky. Streaming matches can either glitch, not work and are well behind live coverage.

My main concern is SKY having a near monopoly. I thought opening bidding was to avoid this.
There is nothing to stop them (to keep) going silly with pricing.
Having said that, it is annoying to have to pay BT/TNT for their sparse coverage as well as SKY.

It is almost forcing people to go "dodgy" just to watch matches. Especially the 3pm's etc.

Yep same as me, I nearly jacked in Sky last year due to less games but if they’re making it more then I’ll keep it. I’m not going to pay for TNT. It’s one or the other. Sky coverage beats TNT for sure and feel they’ve always done it the best.

If the Government wanted true competition in football broadcast rights. then they should ban exclusive rights.
A fee should be set for each package. Broadcasters would be free to purchase how many packages they wanted.
Multiple broadcasters could then show the same matches.

That way, people could choose who to watch the matches with. The better broadcaster getting the most subscribers.(you know, TRUE competition)
This would allow internet providers to offer virtual season tickets. People could choose their clubs and get to watch every match.
Some people would be interested in PPM. (Pay Per Match)
I would only have to pay for the matches i wasn't actually going to etc.

The 3pm rule is supposed to protect ticket sales. Yet we have 12.30pm/17.30pm Saturday matches. And two on Sundays. The odd Friday/Sat and Monday nights as well. Yet they don't seem to affect tickets sales that much.
So this stupid restriction wants binning.

I very rarely go to away matches these days. So for some stupid reason i have to miss out watching my team on Sat at 3.pm if we are away.
Yet the rest of the world gets access to those matches.
So yes, i, like others, find ways to watch!

I blame Rolf Harris and all them other lefties that rule the place. Never paying for a licence free.
All the programs are rubbish. And the sports and strictly departments are full of scouse supporters.
Defund Salford Keys.
It does piss me off a little when people say they don't pay the licence and wear it like a badge of honour.

I'm sure you listen to BBC radio at the very least, with sport emanating from Salford. I'm also sure you watch BBC tv on occasions but expect others to pay for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.