Premier League TV rights 2025/26 - 2028/29

It does piss me off a little when people say they don't pay the licence and wear it like a badge of honour.

I'm sure you listen to BBC radio at the very least, with sport emanating from Salford. I'm also sure you watch BBC tv on occasions but expect others to pay for it.
I don't have a licence and do neither of those things - I used to listen to BBC radio but they moved all their channels off the internet (apart from their own terrible sounds app), so I don't listen at all now. As for BBC TV, why would I want to watch even three seconds of that shit?

I dumped the licence because I realised that I wasn't using any of their products - not the other way around.

I'm genuinely disappointed that Sky's hegemony is once again unchallenged. They have the best production standards (cameras, sound, etc), but they have pundits who think that they are God and see themselves as all things gospel on the game in this country. They have tried to airbrush the game of it's pre-1992 history and seek to uphold and promote certain narratives. Their business model is so dated - it's a 20th century model operating in the third decade of the 21st century. They should be put out to grass but their 'special relationship' with the PL counts for something. The extra games will invariably lead to a hike in subscription fees.

The PL could launch a worldwide streaming app with exclusive rights for a nominal cost and no distinction between domestic and international rights. Instead we have the ludicrous situation of the domestic fan being ripped off left, right and centre, all whilst having to abide by the 3pm Saturday blackout.

What slime ball....

From the Guardian.

Richard Masters, chief executive of the Premier League, said: “As longstanding and valued partners, Sky Sports and TNT Sports are renowned for consistently delivering world‑class coverage and programming. We have enjoyed record audiences and attendances in recent seasons, and we know that their continued innovation will drive more people to watch and follow the Premier League.

“The outcome of this process underlines the strength of the Premier League and is testament to our clubs, players and managers who continue to deliver the world’s most competitive football in full stadiums, and to supporters, who create an unrivalled atmosphere every week.”

Dana Strong, the group chief executive of Sky, said: “This is a fantastic result for Sky customers, who will see a significant increase in the number of matches from the most iconic league in the world.

“We are proud of our long history with the Premier League and look forward to delivering more engagement, entertainment, and innovation to the end of the decade. Sky is the undisputed home for sport fans in the UK.”

depositphotos_140902976-stock-photo-businessman-puppet-being-manipulated-by.jpg

Some woman at the BBC has stated “they’re delighted to keep the MOTD highlights”. With 267 matches being shown live that leaves just 113 not being shown on TV, that will leave the Saturday 3pm’s as probably 2/3 games per week. When I’ve watched a live game on Friday night then 2 more on Saturday and Sunday (take your pick from Sunday 2pm’s as well) there will hardly be any games to watch on MOTD as I will have seen most of them.

As an example I watched the Tarquin’s, Forest and Newcastle games last Saturday. MOTD were left with Brentford v Luton and Burnley v Sheffield United. There’s no way I sitting through the programme when it’s interspersed with 3 games I’ve already watched.

Amazon are eyeing an exclusivity deal with UEFA of European football tournaments including the international qualifiers/Euros.

Luckily our Golden handcuffs sports events broadcast law (I think it's called?) stops them from just showing the euros.

They are supposedly sniffing around the same deal for the World Club Cup next year along with Apple TV. As FiFA are only arsed about pound signs I wouldn't be surprised if they experimented with it.

Amazon are eyeing an exclusivity deal with UEFA of European football tournaments including the international qualifiers/Euros.

Luckily our Golden handcuffs sports events broadcast law (I think it's called?) stops them from just showing the euros.

They are supposedly sniffing around the same deal for the World Club Cup next year along with Apple TV. As FiFA are only arsed about pound signs I wouldn't be surprised if they experimented with it.
You mean all the UEFA European club competitions as well mate?

I expect a significant increase in prices now. Problem for sky is that most people are moving away from the packages like this. They’re spending eye watering amounts for not much return
Yes, I’m not sure they’d get away with a massive price increase now tbh.

They’d haemorrhage even more subscribers, to either illegal options or people who just think, fuck it. That’s my feeling anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.