Preparations for next season

They will all be playing.

They will get more than enough rest and recovery between games now we mainly only pay Sundays. Plus they will all want to be match fit going into the World Cup. Don't forget playing for their countries is as important to them as playing for City, i'd bet even more so in fact as they don't have this apatheticness for the national team in other countries like we do here. You only have to see them bringing their countrys' flags out when we win trophies - you never see players getting a flag of their club team out when their national team wins something do you?

Also footballers keep themselves so fit and healthy these days that in the Summer they will get more than enough time off but also the need to build fitness in pre-season isn't as important as it used to be when players used to come back with beer bellies in the '80s. If the fitness of the players was important they wouldn't be paraded all around the world for money purposes like they are, we'd be playing games at the Academy Stadium, inviting teams to come here, maybe some warm weather training somewhere not too far away.

The most important preparation we can do is getting the right players signed ahead of next season.

Rest of the season should be:

----------------Bravo
Danilo--Stones--Laporte--Zinchenko
--------------Guardiola
Foden--Ederson--Arteta--Diaz
-----------------Kidd

No player will want to sit on the bench over the next few weeks. Yes we can rotate a few in and out, but no different to what Pep has done over the season.

It’s a great opportunity for the likes of Foden and Diaz to prove themselves. But I doubt we will see significant changes as it’s a great chance to break all kinds of records and demoralise our closest rivals even more.

De Bruyne’s workload is somewhat of a worry, though.

Once the season finishes the hard work behind the scenes will begin. We need to make sure that we strengthen the squad with our first choice targets and get our business done as soon as possible. It's difficult with the World Cup, but I would like to think Pep has identified who he wants and that Txiki will be quick out of the blocks.

Fernandinho just had 2 weeks off and isn't first choice for brazil and as everyone else is saying players need to keep themselves fit. My worry is who is gonna be fit for the start of the new season.

Bravo
Walker
Stones
Laporte
Delph
Zinchenko
Sterling
Foden
Diaz

All the others could go deep into world cup and pep has said all players getting a month off.

The next 3 games are nicely spaced out so there's no reason we especially need to rest players. While i'd love us to get to 100 points and to break Chelsea's 103 goals record, there's a few things i'd like to see us look at in the remaining fixtures.

I'd like to see Foden get his first Premier League start. Maybe against Huddersfield or Brighton at home, especially if either of those teams are safe from relegation by then. In the meantime, always have him on the bench. He may well be a player that bypasses the loan system entirely so any minutes we can give him now will aid his development a lot. Given that i also wouldn't be averse to seeing Bernardo or maybe even Zinchenko given a go in the number 8 role, i'd be totally fine with letting D.Silva have the rest of the season off if he wants it. Just have him back for the presentation.

I'd also like to see Diaz get some more minutes. I imagine he may well be loaned out next season if our summer recruitment goes well, but it'd be nice to see him given a late opportunity to force his way into our plans. In any case, i think both Diaz and Foden need a couple of appearances each to earn a medal and that feels like nice reward for their contribution as well as a welcome boost for the academy set-up in general.

Mendy should be gradually eased back in. I'm sure he wants to prove his fitness ahead of the World Cup and from our point of view, he's got a bit of catching up to do ahead of next season in terms of playing in a Pep system. It feels like a long time since Stones had a good game in a City shirt so it'd be good to play him back into some form too. More beneficial Premier League minutes for Laporte too should allow us to ease the load on Otamendi and Kompany across the remaining games.

I'd still want to end the season strongly and go for those records so i'd avoid wholesale changes. Just allow for a bit of experimentation in one or two positions in each game and it should set us up nicely to go again in August.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.