Problems at work

cityboy5

I am a van driver and my employer has said I've used the fuel card too often the the amount of miles I do. They have more or less accused me selling the fuel or using it for myself which isn't true. I told them that it could've had a leak and that the speed you drive and the condition of the van could affect the amount of fuel used. If anyone can give me some useful advice l would be grateful. Thanks blue mooners.

Over how long? Is it too long to look at the receipts and prove you were in the works van on that date at that time? has the van been checked by a mechanic to make sure its not using too much fuel?

cityboy5 said:
I am a van driver and my employer has said I've used the fuel card too often the the amount of miles I do. They have more or less accused me selling the fuel or using it for myself which isn't true. I told them that it could've had a leak and that the speed you drive and the condition of the van could affect the amount of fuel used. If anyone can give me some useful advice l would be grateful. Thanks blue mooners.

If you are sure you are 100% innocent...(Only you know whether you are or not)...keep calm, don't go in all guns blazing...it is up to them to prove any wrong doing. The chance of fuel leaking would be very slight, but IF it is, you need to get it sorted before you go up in a puff of smoke!

Good luck.

BlueBearBoots said:
Over how long? Is it too long to look at the receipts and prove you were in the works van on that date at that time? has the van been checked by a mechanic to make sure its not using too much fuel?
since last August. I drive that van all the time. They didn't show receips he just had a list of transactions from the fuel card company

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
cityboy5 said:

If you are sure you are 100% innocent...(Only you know whether you are or not)...keep calm, don't go in all guns blazing...it is up to them to prove any wrong doing. The chance of fuel leaking would be very slight, but IF it is, you need to get it sorted before you go up in a puff of smoke!

Good luck.
thank you

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
cityboy5 said:

Good luck.
thank you

cityboy5 said:
BlueBearBoots said:
since last August. I drive that van all the time. They didn't show receips he just had a list of transactions from the fuel card company

Perhaps someone has skimmed the card at a garage you have used and fuel is being purchased fraudulently.

What's the age and condition of the van and is it serviced regularly?

I have 5 vans on the road, the oldest is 4 years old and my lads can easily do over 1000 miles some weeks. It's mostly motorway miles, but you will use more fuel if you're just bobbing about around town but not to the point of filling up all the time. All my lads have fuel cards, but have to give the mileage when filling up and get receipts. If you do that, you'll get no problems.

Clevers said:
cityboy5 said:
BlueBearBoots said:

Perhaps someone has skimmed the card at a garage you have used and fuel is being purchased fraudulently.

That happens more often than you would think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.