Protest?

I'm not having a go at anyone, but in 1987 a pint of beer cost 90p, whilst (according to my ticket stub), the away end for our 2-0 defeat at the swamp cost £1.30

Football was never cheaper, but City only averaged 22,000 in a relegation season, whilst most of our rivals weren't much better. Even United's average dipped to 36,000 in 88-89 (not that they'll ever admit it)

Nowadays, the Premier League is awash with cash, but whilst away fans are discounted, the regulars are taken for granted.
In marketing terms we're known as "hostages" because the vast majority will complain but still renew.

However, it's the same at every club and nobody is forcing us to have a season ticket.

You're last paragraph is cringeworthy.
Poor old Luton, if you're making a statement, make it against Arsenal for maximum effect.
Judging by the first 4 page's, it looks like you are fighting a losing battle.
Over the last decade,I have watched various groups of City supporters/groups, try to interact with City on a lot of the topics you mention, on each and every occasion we have ended up being shafted and in many cases,worse off,than before the groups went in.
Loyalty points system, away tickets allocation, our club was one of the clubs who opposed the 30 pounds for away fans, Istanbul cock up,to name but a few.
Unfortunately our success is turning our club into the carbon copies of the 2 clubs we despise.
Agree with all of that. I think people need to ditch the notion that any of the Premier League's members are 'clubs'. It's an outdated concept that football has been careful to not yet jettison officially. There have though been plenty who have removed the words "football club" from the club badge. The word 'club' carries warm connotations - a sense of membership, community and belonging. Something where everyone gets involved. It's basically bollocks. They are companies/corporations. If they were known as Arsenal Football Corporation Plc or Manchester City Football Company Ltd then it feels a lot less warm but is a far more accurate description. People would see it in a more sober light - "he loves the club" would be replaced by "he loves the company". Doesn't sound right. So we'd start saying "he loves the team". Which is where I am with all of it - there is nothing loveable about Manchester City outside of the team. It's the team that keeps dragging us back, the intangible tribal loyalty to the boys who wear the sky blue shirt. Everything else is peripheral. It's the team I love, nothing else. I just want everything else run well to give the team I love great prospects on the field. Everything else is cold, hard business. We're seeing it now first hand.

Any thoughts on this ?

Re the season ticket prices to show fans are the lifeblood of the game / the club

Think its been 10 years or so a rise each year

Also issues over matchday prices membership prices away allocations hassling fans to sell tickets back to club so they can resell to tourists as a package

£80m profit. Price rises don’t wash. They want to have more matchday revenue than the others in the big 6. Chelsea Arsenal Spurs all affulent fan bases. Utd and Lpool international fan bases. Say Arsenal charge £1k a ticket City want to charge £1,005? But wages/london waiting means our prices and therefore match day revenue should never be more than Arsenal.

When quality on pitch drops after Pep leaves - will the prices drop too ? No.

So fight it now. If your seat has only gone up 3% someone else will have gone up 12%

Divide an conquer, I don’t know what the fuss is about, mine has only gone up £2 a game.

Not the point- it’s every year and next year you’ll be the 12%

Notice they don’t give everyone the same % rise at the same time as that means all fans turn on them at same time.

Arsenal and Villa are six pointers. Luton should look after itself. If 20,000 walk out on 80 minutes- with hopefully game won - it can make a statement. Media carries it and makes City have to give explanations.

Thoughts please Blues ?
I definitely feel like we should do something but we will just not look that different then a usual game especially if we've already beaten them. Is there any other options?

I definitely feel like we should do something but we will just not look that different then a usual game especially if we've already beaten them. Is there any other options?
I'm sure the scores of people on here with absolute vitriol for the club regarding season ticket prices can come up with something...or maybe NOT ???

Staying quiet for the first half? Just complete silence. No chants. That would really hit home as the City directors watched the match. It's something everyone can do whilst still being in the ground. Get the South stand and blocks 111, 110 and 109 to stay quiet and the rest of the ground will follow. You might get the odd chant from NSL1, but it wouldn't be audible. Pep and players can be informed of the quiet protest, so they know why it's happening.

I've seen it done in Italy in Serie A. It was really eerie, but effective. Just silence.

PS. Fuck off jrb! Go and support FC United at Pallet Park
I probably won’t be able to be quiet! I do tend to get overexcited at the match.

Plus you know what I’m like if John Stones is playing! If one of those Luton louts so much as looks at him wrongly boy, oh boy I would be yelling!!
Sorry folks. :-)

Reactions: jrb
I'm sure the scores of people on here with absolute vitriol for the club regarding season ticket prices can come up with something...or maybe NOT ???
I think a lot of it is disappointment rather than absolute vitriol.
No doubt some will go overboard but that’s just how they are wired up.

For those that say stay after the game. I do that anyway. The stewards are very helpful and when they are ushering people out they let me sit until most people have gone and then make sure I am ok going up the stairs. So leaving early or late wouldn’t do for me. Mind you to be quite honest I don’t want to protest anyway. Sorry. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.