PSG (2nd Leg) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im a nervous wreck tbh.

As long as we keep Demi & Bony as far away from the pitch as possible we have every chance, but this will be mega tough and go to the wire, im going 2-2 again tonight, all the way to pens where City win it : )

Even a goal less draw would do it, so it's important not to rush to score. They have to come at us and then we pick them off
Eh? How often have you seen us pick teams off on the counter this last 18 months? Manuel has already stated that we will play our normal game, which incidentally has become us not rushing to score..
We can't afford to let them come at us. We've got to stifle them in the middle of the park and cut off their outlets. If City turn up and play at a level we all know they're capable of then we should go through. I don't know if my heart could take trying to soak up pressure when our two CBs have got an error or two in them.

Im a nervous wreck tbh.

As long as we keep Demi & Bony as far away from the pitch as possible we have every chance, but this will be mega tough and go to the wire, im going 2-2 again tonight, all the way to pens where City win it : )

It's been a while since I was this nervous for a game! Probably v Palace back in 2014 after Liverpool lost to Chelsea, but at least it was only for 45 minutes between the two matches.

Im a nervous wreck tbh.

you just know mp will bring his adopted son on for 10-15mins or or more if behind, why oh why does he rate barndoor over nacho, the kid has pace and eye for goal 2 of which bonehead lack, only reason i can think hes on is for aerial battle, but his jumping isnt exactly at the top end

Veratti will play 100% no matter what blanc said , no way would he have travelled if it was going to take a miracle to get him on the pitch

i worry pelle will try and accommodate all of our top players and end up playing yaya in a midfield two... it would be suicidal to do that...
i would be tempted to play a more solid team that can defend so we can soak up the pressure and then hit them on the break, leave ourselves good options on the bench.

Hart
Sagna Ota Manga Clichy
Fern & Fern
Navas/KDB Silva Kolarov
Aguero

Then we have Yaya, either KDB or navas to come on as well as iheanacho or delph, although we will probably see bony for some reason... (god knows why)

Come on city... we can do it..

cant see a 0-0 at all both defences are well dodgy at best, sideshow bob is out weakens them further, we have to score,we will score. 2-1 semis here we come

Apparently both the French press and psg fans damn confident that they will qualify. Hope we stuff them 2-0.

Big test for Pellegrini tonight. Can he show his tactical nouse. He's done so occasionally in Europe.
Most people are expecting us to play Hart, Sagna, Ota, Mangala, Clichy, Fernando, Fernandinho, Yaya, Silva, De Bruyne, Aguero.

That’s a side capable of sitting and soaking up pressure but having a threat on the counter. Can PSG handle Yaya if he has one of his big nights? If Yaya, Silva, De Bruyne and Aguero can tick going forward and the rest do a solid job defensively we can win this. I don’t fear PSG. Looks like Verratti won’t make it for this one and with Luiz and Matuidi out that’s a much weaker side we face. Yes Ibra, Di Maria and Cavani are a threat but the two ferns should be able to handle their midfield threat. Limit Rabiot and Motta’s involvement and we win the game.

Tonight is a night Yaya Toure shows his worth again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.