PSG readying an offer for Aguero? The Times

Marvin

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...for-manchester-city-striker-agueero-3w9wgklgc

Subs required - which I don't have. So just got the brief outline.

Paris Saint-Germain are preparing a £60million-plus bid to sign Sergio Agüero from Manchester City.

The French club believe that the Argentina forward is ready to move because of difficulties in his relationship with Pep Guardiola since Gabriel Jesus supplanted him as City’s first-choice striker in the second half of last season. Guardiola has insisted that Agüero will remain at the Etihad Stadium next season but the player has been more ambivalent.

PSG are undertaking a major rebuild this summer after losing the Ligue 1 title to AS Monaco and are determined to land a marquee signing.

Only works for me if Sanchez signs. If that happens, I can't see Aguero playing much anyway, and he will surely want to play and score a lot of goals to get his place back in the Argentinian national team? On the other hand he has always said he would return to Argentina in two years. This move wouldn't fit with that.

Probably speculation anyway, but for me it would solve a problem and enable City to maybe strengthen elsewhere and improve our FFP position (which is still live considering the problems Arsenal reportedly have).

Last edited:
Oh so let's sell him then and watch him go on and knocks us out of the CL at some point.

I don't think so.

From day one the media over here have hated the fact we have the world's best striker in our ranks. Nothing would please them more to get their wish. Regardless of who we replaced him with we would be weaker.
The time will come course it will but it isn't yet. Sanchez isn't as good and Jesus is just a boy. Aguero is an assassin and we need him.

Oh so let's sell him then and watch him go on and knocks us out of the CL at some point.

I don't think so.

From day one the media over here have hated the fact we have the world's best striker in our ranks. Nothing would please them more to get their wish. Regardless of who we replaced him with we would be weaker.
The time will come course it will but it isn't yet. Sanchez isn't as good and Jesus is just a boy. Aguero is an assassin and we need him.
Well perhaps Aguero is going to lift his game, but I think he's started to struggle with his pace this last 2 seasons. When do you ever see a ball played in behind the back 4 for Aguero to race on to to round the keeper and score. Never happens now, that used to be a feature of his game. It was very noticeable that when Jesus played last season, City's goals scored went through the roof.

I know he's a hero, and one of mine too, but City comes first. And this would work for me, but only if Sanchez signs

I pray that getting Sanchez doesn't mean Aguero going. If it did I'd not want Sanchez. And I think Thered be a sourness about replacing 1 with 1.

But if we got Sanchez AND Mbappe (which is highly unlikely) then I'd be more than happy to sell Aguero now. I think Aguero would be happy to go in that case too. It'd be a sensible business decision all round.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.