Pub landlady wins case over use of foreign decoder

Re: pub landlady win's appeal

Stato said:
shawgorbie said:
dsc1401 said:
Great news.I hope it's the first step towards the elimination of exclusivity in broadcasting.
but won't it mean less money for the club's,which in turn mean's less money to buy top player's,which in turn mean's shit football
how?
players don't become shit cos they are on less money.
No but they have become fitter healthier athletes with access to top facilities all in which makes them better players. It means a significant amount will be lost in TV funding which has been the main contributor for clubs to expand and bring these techniques in

Watching a match in a pub at 3pm on a Saturday has been going on for years now. We all know a pub somewhere that does it.

Sky have to much power in the UK.

This needed to happen and I hope this goes though.

Mikecini said:
LawsBackHeel said:
Nothing has been settled yet this is just a ruling in the EJC it still has to go back to the High Court in London as they referred it for a guidline but they can still throw it out yet and keep the rights as they are.

I is very unlikely but at this time nothing has changed. Also it only affects the European broadcasting which only accounts for around 10% of the total overseas package so that money is pretty safe and the UK package will still be ok as major pub chains and hotels will still hsow sky for better coverage and all the 3D now is starting to take off for major games and events.

Can't see things changing much myself.

I think you might if you were a licensee. A small boozer pays about £1500 per month for Sky, a big unit like a Witherspoons maybe £9000 per month. A system with a broadcast from Greece for example less than £3000 for the receiver and card for a year.

Oh trust me I know how much they pay and how they charge and how crazy it is, what I meant by not changing was with the TV rights deals and how it will affect the clubs.

Re: pub landlady wins appeal

As usual, the football bureaucrats have completely missed the point in favour of commercial interests. The point of not shwoing Premiership live games in the Uk is to protect the lower league clubs and I don't have a problem with that.

The easiest solution therefore is to play Premiership games on a Sunday. Problem solved and everyone who wants to can watch the games live.

Just heard someone - didn't catch his name but he was supposed to be an expert in this - claim that the ruling will result in lower matchday admission prices! How on earth can that be true? Surely the deal will result in less income for PL clubs and they'll need to make that up somehow. They'll not drop prices when their stadia are usually full!

Stato said:
shawgorbie said:
dsc1401 said:
Great news.I hope it's the first step towards the elimination of exclusivity in broadcasting.
but won't it mean less money for the club's,which in turn mean's less money to buy top player's,which in turn mean's shit football
how?
players don't become shit cos they are on less money.
if we can't pay them more than say spain,italy or even france with the weather they have and are used to then they're not going to come.I suppose it could mean english player's having to step up to the plate and given more of a chance

LawsBackHeel said:
Mikecini said:
LawsBackHeel said:
Nothing has been settled yet this is just a ruling in the EJC it still has to go back to the High Court in London as they referred it for a guidline but they can still throw it out yet and keep the rights as they are.

I is very unlikely but at this time nothing has changed. Also it only affects the European broadcasting which only accounts for around 10% of the total overseas package so that money is pretty safe and the UK package will still be ok as major pub chains and hotels will still hsow sky for better coverage and all the 3D now is starting to take off for major games and events.

Can't see things changing much myself.

I think you might if you were a licensee. A small boozer pays about £1500 per month for Sky, a big unit like a Witherspoons maybe £9000 per month. A system with a broadcast from Greece for example less than £3000 for the receiver and card for a year.

Oh trust me I know how much they pay and how they charge and how crazy it is, what I meant by not changing was with the TV rights deals and how it will affect the clubs.

Sorry, wrong end of stick. Just gets my goat what the fuckers charge for what is in effect a monopoly. They (Sky) will just look for a discount on the next round of negotiations from the FA. And the soft bastards will give it even knowing Sky's business model is hung on the PL. I think the next round are for 2013/ 2014 season??

The crazy wages and Sly monopoly have gone on for too long now. a change is needed.

a scrapping of transfer fee's is needed.

Too many clubs have become victim to this and find themselves in financial obscurity.

We could be lucky with the building of this campus as we could produce quality talent.

The only thing that will change is how Sky sell the rights next time. Expect a europe wide license to broadcast which will make it more expensive in some places and less in others.

Stevie B said:
The crazy wages and Sly monopoly have gone on for too long now. a change is needed.

a scrapping of transfer fee's is needed.

Too many clubs have become victim to this and find themselves in financial obscurity.

We could be lucky with the building of this campus as we could produce quality talent.

Yeah and then when they are trained they will fuck off to Spain, Germany where they will get paid more and play better football as the shit will really hit the fan when the TV money fucks off

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.