Question Time.

If i may be pertinent you all think you are a bit tasty on here and above reproach.

Its a piece of piss when dealing with aircraft but with animals is somewhat different eh !
So what intelectual sausauge can tell me what a strouhal number is ?

Its the frequenccy multiplied by the amptitude of the swallows wings and thence divided by the birds speed through the air.

Bet your all listening to me now ehh ..

Last edited by a moderator:
Taximania. Please don't take offence... but honestly, I can never be arsed reading you're posts. I have no idea what kind of poster you are for that reason. You are an enigma.
I love his posts. Most engrossing and interesting person on the site. You've gone on my **** list now though.

I love his posts. Most engrossing and interesting person on the site. You've gone on my **** list now though.
One in a million is @Taximania Always entertaining. His post about a break in Blackpool during Glasgow fair was comedy gold. Very sophisticated musical taste as well. This forum would be the poorer without him #TAPAS

(TAximania Post Appreciation Society)

Agree with @Saddleworth2. @Taximania paints very vivid pictures with his posts, I have had many a good chuckle at his Blackpool trip, waiting for the telly to become cheap on Black Friday and now a trip to Benidorm, priceless. His 5 page argument/discussion with himself was a classic, now sadly deleted from the forum. Perhaps Citizen TID should make time to read and digest his posts!!
#TAPAS indeed!!

I'm free for an hour as its country line dancing lessons for the ladies for tonights Wild West theme night.
Cow heel pie grits dolly patton and glen cambell and billie ray cirus who is mileys dad and its sure to be a right riviting evening under a star stooded moonlit night..

Anyway i have learnt a lot with this question and answer thread and thanks for the contributions..
Physics doesn't have be taxing or boring and is open to the masses.
If its explained well like some of the articulate folk on here have done then absorption is pretty much guaranteed.And also it can be used as a means of conversation instead of just saying were dougie n jeannie from doncaster and pleased to meet you and have you been to benidorm before eh ?
How about saying hello and telling your new potential holiday chums you were just discussing quantum physics and newtons third law of motion.
We did this last night and sucsesfully cleared the bar leaving the all inclusive queues much more managable

Have a read of this below.it explains everything we have all been discussing these past few days in a more understandable format. Please make the effort to read as it will enrich you.

http://style.org/strouhalflight/

Last edited:
Yes there would only be changes in total mass when the budgies were moving either upwards and downwards, if they are hovering then the total mass would stay the same

I think you mean weight, not mass. The mass stays the same no matter what the budgies do, unless they travel at close to the speed of light, which would mean they'd have to flap very very fast indeed. And it would make their wings sore.

I must confess I find your outlandish outbursts to be of a most pecuniary nature unbefitting forum membership in a modern day suburbia.

I shall follow your posts with much gusto in order to identify the cut of your jib.What a strange yet pleasant forumite member you appear to be.

Seventeenth century you say ?
I say its the devils work and that whisky will gain you no friends pal..
I have to go for Sunday lunch followed by a frank Sinatra tribute act but wish you well in all you do young man.

If you have any more questions then debate amongst youselfz.
The membership on here should be vetted
Quality not quantity...lordy lordy lordy ; )
Adios
Apologies if any of that sounded blunt - not a comment on yourself, just the writing style you use! My own proper writing style isn't basic and the odd person in the past hasn't found it smooth enough to read for their liking but this was the 4th or 5th thread I've clicked on of yours and struggled to make it half way through the OP. Combined with them usually being lengthy it's quite incompatible with my reading attention - poetic writing has been a quick switch off for me since my school days - add in the whisky veil and my curiosity hoped for a shortcut to you're enigma :)
Careful with that word, you might kill someone if they find themselves on the wrong sub-forum!

Last edited:
Apologies if any of that sounded blunt - not a comment on yourself, just the writing style you use! My own proper writing style isn't basic and the odd person in the past hasn't found it smooth enough to read for their liking but this was the 4th or 5th thread I've clicked on of yours and struggled to make it half way through the OP. Combined with them usually being lengthy it's quite incompatible with my reading attention - poetic writing has been a quick switch off for me since my school days - add in the whisky veil and my curiosity hoped for a shortcut to you're enigma :)

Keyboard shenanigans.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.