Question Time

Victor Adebowale the Chair of NHS Federation just put it so succinctly when he just said NO when asked if Britain is lazy and has a sick note culture.
Brilliant.
If that is the case, then how do you explain why number of people on disability benefit has nearly doubled in the last 20years ? When we are all living longer and healthier lives?? Something doesn't stack up does it?

Wouldn’t often stick up for a Tory but clearly he was just having a bit of a brain fart understanding the question and when the penny dropped clarified about the safety legislation for not being sent their if in harm - so he did recover I felt.
Pretty stupid brain fart, he should definitely know that the DRC and Rwanda are different places. There are no excuses imo.

I’d be amazed if he genuinely doesn’t - i think he just said it to by some time as he was catching up with the question
Didn't look like that to me tbh. Either way it is pretty stupid. That's the problem with dropping people into ministerial positions when they have no experience in that area. It's even worse for health care, teaching and defence, which are more important imho. No other industry sector does this.

If that is the case, then how do you explain why number of people on disability benefit has nearly doubled in the last 20years ? When we are all living longer and healthier lives?? Something doesn't stack up does it?
Bit of a blanket statement that. If you become disabled, you become disabled. Not all disabilities are due to poor lifestyle choices.

I’d be amazed if he genuinely doesn’t - i think he just said it to by some time as he was catching up with the question
The problem isn't so much the potentially rhetorical question he asked, it's this line: "There's an exclusion on people from Rwanda being sent to Rwanda."

That's the giveaway that he has absolutely no clue whatsoever about the country he and his party deem to be safe.

You sort of answered the question in your penultimate sentence, people living longer, therefore more people. Plus the question wasn't about disability benefits it was asking if he felt that Britain is lazy and has a sick note culture. Not everyone who has a sick note is on disability benefits.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.